Kids NSMBA Fiver (Sunday 9/8) - DFL finisher

Sept. 9, 2019, 11:33 a.m.

Many thanks to Endless biking and the NSMBA for hosting another kids Fiver on Sunday. Super cool for young kids to be able to get a chance to compete in such a supportive environment.

My one gripe is directed at the middle-aged++ dude who decided to repeatedly ignore the teenage race volunteer and climb Upper Griffen, despite knowing kids were racing down it. Then, proceed to reprimand kids on the way down for not yielding to the uphill rider. Had I known you ignored a race volunteer and lit up the kids when I encountered you (pushing your bike because you couldn’t make the climb) as my 8-year-old daughter was dropping into Upper Griffen, I would have let you have it. You finished dead fucking last, buddy. May you have 1000 unpleasant Ebike encounters this year!

Sept. 9, 2019, 11:43 a.m.

Who the hell does that? What a piece of shit and why would you even want to climb Griffen.

Sept. 9, 2019, 12:01 p.m.

Yeah, puzzled. I figure he has to be one of the self-entitled, grumpy forum members.

I used to occasionally climb Upper Griffen, and definitely appreciated the courtesy of getting a yield when I was the uphill rider. That said, ignoring the fact that it was a kids event, that system is so busy now that you couldn't pay me money to do that climb on a Sunday in September. Especially given the climbing alternatives.

Sept. 9, 2019, 3:29 p.m.

Posted by: grambo

Who the hell does that? What a piece of shit and why would you even want to climb Griffen.

Agreed that the guy could have chosen a different trail for the time the race was on.  Lots of people climb Griffen, one would want to so they can avoid the boring road climb.....and to climb single track.

Sept. 9, 2019, 4:46 p.m.

Posted by: gramm

Agreed that the guy could have chosen a different trail for the time the race was on.  Lots of people climb Griffen, one would want to so they can avoid the boring road climb.....and to climb single track.

If you're choosing that as your climbing trail on a busy Sunday at 11 am, be prepared for many encounters where you're likely not going to get the courtesy yield.