Keep your clothes on please

April 23, 2010, 10:32 p.m.

To the biker who decided to strip down completely nude in front of my house this afternoon on McNair - please change in your car next time. I realize now why there are parking restrictions on my street. It is not only totally inappropriate to be literally fully naked (no shirt even!) in public, I'm pretty sure it is actually illegal. Not so nice to look out the front window with my young kids to see a penis hanging out.

This is exactly the type of thing that caused these parking restrictions in the first place. Show some respect for the neighbourhood, and especially all the kids who live around here.

April 23, 2010, 11:44 p.m.

you should have written the plate down. this is uncalled for and definetly inappropriate in any neighbourhood.

http://carcraftautorepair.ca/

Follow Us On FaceBook

April 24, 2010, 7:09 a.m.

Although it may cross the line of what is socially acceptable,it was a penis.

Get over it.

No need to be afraid,unless the guy was doing the helicopter in your front window.

Pastor of Muppets

April 24, 2010, 7:14 a.m.

Get over it.

No need to be afraid,unless the guy was doing the helicopter in your front window.

Was it you? She has kids looking out the window. I would've said the same thing. Soon we won't have any parking anywhere near a trail head because of people not respecting residents near the trail heads( watershed crazy lady excluded from this).

April 24, 2010, 7:14 a.m.

Get over it.

no need for this person to get over it, it's just plain unacceptable. You wouldn't walk down the street naked, you don't need to be doing it in front of someones house.

April 24, 2010, 7:19 a.m.

is it ok to get your penis out on dempsey though ;) bit of a NIMBY moment there.

just kidding but the parking restrictions aren't there to stop penises, penises in public aren't really acceptable anywhere, never mind whether there's parking restrictions or not.

April 24, 2010, 7:19 a.m.

no need for this person to get over it, it's just plain unacceptable. You wouldn't walk down the street naked, you don't need to be doing it in front of someones house.

Her kids may have seen a penis for a split second.

….a bare male chest for maybe a minute.

This is not the end of the world.

Do not fear the penis.

Pastor of Muppets

April 24, 2010, 7:32 a.m.

Dear god, not bare flesh!!!!!!!

I'm with derwood, sure there are better ways to get changed, but sooner or later your kids are going to see a penis.

So many freaks, so few circuses.

April 24, 2010, 8 a.m.

Her kids may have seen a penis for a split second.

….a bare male chest for maybe a minute.

This is not the end of the world.

Do not fear the penis.

Dear god, not bare flesh!!!!!!!

I'm with derwood, sure there are better ways to get changed, but sooner or later your kids are going to see a penis.

Thank you both for making sure that MTB community continues to earn great credit with the locals. If only someone thought of telling the locals to "get over it" sooner. :rolleyes:.

wow I can't believe some of you actually think this is acceptable behavior.

April 24, 2010, 8:10 a.m.

I've seen soccer players do the same thing in NV,should I call a cop?

I can fully understand somebody being mildly surprised if they see this out in the street.

But so offended to the point that they need to post a complaint to the entire riding community?

It would be more appropriate to address the individual directly.

….and as I said,it was only a split second penis.

I'd be more offended by the curbside condoms and needles I've seen in the same neighborhood.

Pastor of Muppets

April 24, 2010, 8:10 a.m.

Hey people, mountain bikers already get enough of a bad name, so let's not make it worse by parading around nekked in public. On a side note…the only time being naked in public seems to be acceptable is in the pride parade.

Thread killer

April 24, 2010, 8:21 a.m.

Hey people, mountain bikers already get enough of a bad name, so let's not make it worse by parading around nekked in public. On a side note…the only time being naked in public seems to be acceptable is in the pride parade.

that's gay.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

April 24, 2010, 8:21 a.m.

I've seen soccer players do the same thing in NV,should I call a cop?

Oh I am sorry, I didn't realize that it also happened elsewhere, well that makes it alright. I mean, if other people do it, it must be alright, eh? :rolleyes:

I don't think it is an earth shattering terrible news like someone cooked a kitten type of behavior, but it is 100% unacceptable. The complaint to the whole community is apparently well deserved as you and trout seem to say "oh get over it". Obviously there are others who could benefit from thinking just a little harder about this issue.

As far as needles and condoms go, come on man, do I need to bring out sarcasm stick again? You are just teeing it up for me. So, just because there are worse things happening in other neighborhoods we should be OK with this? Are you actually being serious with this? Woah.

April 24, 2010, 8:28 a.m.

maybe he's just pushing the boundaries of society. hes had enough of the chains of enslavement that concealed genitals bring upon him and hes taking a stand.
IM with you penis man! fight the norm fuck the norm.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

April 24, 2010, 8:39 a.m.

IM with you penis man!

looks like derwood has a new nickname

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer