Kamloops

Sept. 17, 2006, 5:09 p.m.

Ok honestly nobody is going to stop you from riding rosehill! Not the police not the city not nobody, untill that place is full of houses it will still be there. who here is a rider of kamloops and doesnt ride the trail anymore because someone said it was closed? Cmon guy's you bought a bike, so ride it and have fun while your out there.

2008 Stinky air $2500
please buy me.
email is: g_agassiz@hotmail

Kona
Sombrio
Nike 6.0
Smith optics
Marzocchi
Shimano
Giro

Sept. 17, 2006, 6 p.m.

I don't ride it. The signs say closed so they obviously want it closed. We have generally a good image here in the Loops, let's keep it that way. You can stop yourselves from riding it though right?

Sept. 17, 2006, 8:23 p.m.

Well I know nearly all of us have riden Rose for the past three years when there has been a farily noticable sign posted by the city and a No Trespassing sign by the landowner. Not only have people riden it but they have built new stunts on it too.
I am not saying it's correct to disobey the signs, I am just pointing out that the riding community has been ignoring the signs for three full seasons now and we all might be a little guilty on this one.

http://www.bicyclecafe.com/kamloops

Sept. 17, 2006, 8:41 p.m.

I can't remember the last time I rode Rose. I wasn't living here that's for sure.

I have ridden plenty of illegal trails, but I won't ride illegal trails that are that close to people's houses. I'm definitely not taking the high horse here. ;)

Sept. 17, 2006, 8:43 p.m.

Not saying you were. As if you have time to even go riding with those babies!There are a few others in this thread who certainly have though, I see all. I see dead people too.

Sept. 17, 2006, 8:46 p.m.

When i had my bike I rode rose everyday, I even built new hits on it. Damn I love the dirt there.

Steve

www.tuchiwsky.com

Sept. 17, 2006, 8:52 p.m.

True but we could build another. Actually a whole lot of stuff we ride is not cool in town. It all bypasses a lot of privet land that's for sure. And it's not only dhers to blame. XC is just as bad. Uplands, Peterson, Aberdeen….

Sept. 17, 2006, 8:56 p.m.

K all your hardcore trail wiennies argue this point, you're to scared to ride rose cause its closed for bikers, yet they can rip down the whole side of the mountain to build houses? Stop being wusses, it doesn't matter if you ride it or not, we are not putting the mountain in any danger, in fact we have done trail days to clean that place up, and take all the shit out of there. I am going to ride it till the day i die.

Steve

www.tuchiwsky.com

Sept. 17, 2006, 9:08 p.m.

I havent ridden rose in over a year so im not sure how weighted my opinion is, but… Rose hill is/has been in this perilous(sp?) situation for years and years now. Hikers complaining about riders going tofast and cutting them off, homeowners complaining over the noises the riders make, homeowners along rose hill road complaining about the speeding drivers(though they drive just as fast if not faster on that road too), the list goes on… now its at the point where, whether we like it or not, the infamous Rose Hill trail will not be around a whole lot longer. Houses are being built, roads and areas are being flattened and paved. Eventually they want the entire area between Juniper and Rose Hill to connect. Which means no more rose hill, no more one hit wonders in all those valleys, and no more of all those other little trails inbetween. We only have a limited time left to ride these trails. I say get all the riding in while you still can. Because showing all the people against the rose hill trail how we can "sit pretty" and not ride the trails isn't going to impress them in any way, sense or form. Let alone impress them enough to stop a planned building site from going up. So ride it now while you still can, i think I might even throw the front brake on and go for a rip one of these days. :woot:

Sept. 17, 2006, 9:16 p.m.

K all your hardcore trail wiennies argue this point, you're to scared to ride rose cause its closed for bikers, yet they can rip down the whole side of the mountain to build houses? Stop being wusses, it doesn't matter if you ride it or not, we are not putting the mountain in any danger, in fact we have done trail days to clean that place up, and take all the shit out of there. I am going to ride it till the day i die.

Steve

I hope you are not talking to me…

Anyway, I'm taking the stance of respect for the people who own the land who put the signs up. I'm definitely not taking the stance of not wanting to cause erosion or damage - we're in Kamloops for crying out loud. Not a big concern here.