July 24th - 7th secret relay

July 16, 2003, 9:10 p.m.

July 24th

The 2nd 7th Secret RELAY !

You can climb the road and do the descent.

Or get your skinny Tour du France wanna be XC friend to climb the road, while you and your Big ass DH wanna be friend can do the descent!
Unfortunately we couldn't get a shuttle for this event so the descenders willhave to climb so be there by 5:30.

All Riders must be registered NSMBA members to participate. Membership costs $20.00, then it only costs a Twoonie to race!
The race will start PROMPTLY at 6:30 registration will begin at 5:00. Bring $20.00 for your NSMBA registration, and a Twoonie!

Staging will occur at the Water Tower above the yellow gate on Mountain Highway.

COME ON OUT AND SUPPORT NSMBA!!!!

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

July 16, 2003, 10:08 p.m.

I'll be there.

At last year's relay, were there any last minute pick-up partners, or were the teams pretty much set when you got there?

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

July 17, 2003, 7:53 a.m.

Im in, I have the old stumpjumper all tuned up.

July 17, 2003, 8:24 a.m.

BAh! that sounds so fun! i wish i lived on the shore:(

July 17, 2003, 9:39 a.m.

Originally posted by sanrensho
**I'll be there.

At last year's relay, were there any last minute pick-up partners, or were the teams pretty much set when you got there? **

id be your partner…but you are probably looking for someone to take the climb…i cant do that for ya, i find it tough to get up with only one gear :lol:

dear DW,
since you got like a million bucks now, can i borrow $2850 for a Revolt frame?

thanks,
steve

July 17, 2003, 10:36 a.m.

Originally posted by sanrensho
**I'll be there.

At last year's relay, were there any last minute pick-up partners, or were the teams pretty much set when you got there? **

hey kenji. I'm replying for shar as she's working on Empress today. Last year teams were pretty much set.

The race isn't a go unless sharon can get some help. No-one seems to want to volunteer to help out … guess they're too busy shampooing their hair or waxing their bikes or something.

Both of us have to get to the mountain view park open house (starts at 7) that evening also - keeping trails open is more of a priority than a race.

July 17, 2003, 11:17 a.m.

Lee,

I'll help. I'm pretty good at that sorta thing (and my downhill partner has just pulled out also)
PM me with some details of what you want done and when.
Matt

July 17, 2003, 11:25 a.m.

Originally posted by seand@nsmb
id be your partner…but you are probably looking for someone to take the climb…i cant do that for ya, i find it tough to get up with only one gear :lol:

Wrong-o. I need a downhill partner. Never ridden 7th, so I'd rather not bomb down an unknown trail in this particular situation.:D

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

July 17, 2003, 12:38 p.m.

Originally posted by Darklord
**Lee,

I'll help. I'm pretty good at that sorta thing (and my downhill partner has just pulled out also)
PM me with some details of what you want done and when.
Matt **

wow - thanks Matt. You should email me at [email protected] and I can pass it on to Sharon. Thanks again. Basically its just signing up people and collecting flagging when its done

July 17, 2003, 3:31 p.m.

Man up and go solo boys.

July 17, 2003, 4:04 p.m.

I'm out of town that day, or I'd ride the course again this year and take down the course markers. Sorry Lee.

July 17, 2003, 8:44 p.m.

Does the race end at the end of 7th, or do you continue down leopard etc… and end at the gate or what?? Just wanna go up and ride it this weekend to check it out.

Thanks

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

July 17, 2003, 9:38 p.m.

have a weekend toonie race so i can come :(

July 18, 2003, 10:14 a.m.

Originally posted by seand@nsmb

Seand, I sent you a PM yesterday.