July 19 Neds Trail Day

July 14, 2009, 2:52 p.m.

It looks like I'm going to be on call this weekend and can't be out of cell range. Anyone know what cell phone coverage is like up in the Ned's area?

I don't think I've ever pulled out my phone up there…..

I'm on the Bell network and my luck's been pretty spotty up there.

July 15, 2009, 7:38 a.m.

Ducati and I will be on hand to help out! Actually Ducati will be working hard, I'll be getting in the way.

Grumpy Trail Builder in Training

July 15, 2009, 8:02 a.m.

Someone bring white and yellow paint so we can finish up the markings for passing lanes.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

July 15, 2009, 10 a.m.

We did a hike last night to see what work will be needed, and the focus will be rebuilding Dirty Diapers, not Neds, so everyone can relax!!

Someone bring white and yellow paint so we can finish up the markings for passing lanes.

Kn.

you can't paint loam :)

July 15, 2009, 2:47 p.m.

I'm on the Bell network and my luck's been pretty spotty up there.

My phone is on Telus. Not looking good for me sadly.

July 15, 2009, 2:48 p.m.

Usually it's pretty good if you are with Telus or Rogers.

July 15, 2009, 7:35 p.m.

im gunna have to skip out on this one.. whistler…

July 15, 2009, 10 p.m.

im gunna have to skip out on this one.. whistler…

…no…

:google: live by it

July 18, 2009, 9:46 p.m.

So do you get shuttled up seymour with your bike? or No bike?

nobody is this dumb.

July 20, 2009, 10:09 a.m.

I can't wait to see the pictures of the trail day, especially the big bridge over the creek. I had to take off at 2 so I only got to see the arched stringers in place, that thing was solid. Great work with the chainsaw Rob!

alright!!!

July 20, 2009, 1:27 p.m.

I'm keen to see the pictures of the stupid rock we moved. Massive. I had to cut out at 3 due to work. That and my forearms were getting serious cramps from working the pry-bar.

Trail work is hard but I'm amazed at how much a team of people can accomplish in such a short time.

Great effort and a great experience for my first trail day. I'd do it again for sure.

July 20, 2009, 1:36 p.m.

My forearms are killing me from driving the long ass spikes with just a little claw hammer. All of the 3lb mallets got nabbed by the guys and gals making rungs up the hill and we had only 2 tiny hammers. It took like 5 min a spike for the big 10" guys, fortunately we only need 3 of those for the stunt we were working on. But we had to rotate between people driving the spikes. Next trail day I'm bringing my own mallet just so I know there will be one available! (why do they even HAVE those little claw hammers??? must have been donated or something) Still, it was lot's of fun building.

alright!!!

July 20, 2009, 2:08 p.m.

my shirt still smells like cedar a bit from splitting all those rungs

:google: live by it

July 20, 2009, 3:08 p.m.

my shirt still smells like cedar a bit from splitting all those rungs

that's better than any cologne that I can think of! :)

www.muddbunnies.com
www.nsmba.ca
www.bteamlovesyou.com

you can always make more money but you can never make more time.

I think it's called work for a reason. Or else they probably would have called it fun-time at the fun factory.

July 20, 2009, 4:24 p.m.

I can't wait to see the pictures of the trail day, especially the big bridge over the creek. I had to take off at 2 so I only got to see the arched stringers in place, that thing was solid. Great work with the chainsaw Rob!

Rob did amazing work on that, he even spent the day before milling the wood, thanks Rob and everyone who helped him!!

I'm keen to see the pictures of the stupid rock we moved. Massive. I had to cut out at 3 due to work. That and my forearms were getting serious cramps from working the pry-bar.

Trail work is hard but I'm amazed at how much a team of people can accomplish in such a short time.

Great effort and a great experience for my first trail day. I'd do it again for sure.

hard work for sure but that rock work is amazing and will last forever, thanks for coming out!

Next trail day I'm bringing my own mallet just so I know there will be one available! (why do they even HAVE those little claw hammers??? must have been donated or something) Still, it was lot's of fun building.

We're working on replenishing our tool supply and I'll make sure we get some decent hammers!!

that's better than any cologne that I can think of! :)

take that and add a bit of chainsaw fuel and man sweat ;)

Thanks to Endless Biking for getting everyone up and down the mountain, Different Bikes and NS Ride for providing lunch, swag and hard workers!! And of course to all the vollies who gave up a day of riding, big karma points coming your way :beer: