John Deer

Nov. 11, 2020, 9:02 p.m.

Had the privilege of riding John Deer twice today @ Seymour and those builders deserve some major credit. Such a well built trail. Right after the rock roll it's just super smooth all the way to the bottom. The turns are spaced nicely apart from each other to build up speed and the berms are buff! Couldn't believe the dirt was so hard packed the way it was, super good condition. Hopefully it doesnt rain the next 2 days because I am heading back. 

Great day @ Seymour on this remembrance day, and thanks for maintaining that trail!!

Nov. 13, 2020, 2:03 p.m.

Nov. 13, 2020, 8:18 p.m.

Yeah right I'm waiting for the replies here too... 

Oh well I guess I'll enjoy it all to myself ha ha. I'm heading up tommorow!

Nov. 13, 2020, 8:48 p.m.

John Deere is a nice addition to the Seymour trail system. Glad it's running well, it gets probably the most traffic on the mountain. I prefer the Boogie man/ boogie nights lap personally. Give that one a go

Last edited by: Brocklanders on Nov. 13, 2020, 8:48 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Nov. 13, 2020, 9:23 p.m.

Ok I'll give that a shot!

After checking my map book I've realized boogie nights isnt on there, does Boogieman run right into it??

Last edited by: RiderDykman on Nov. 13, 2020, 9:26 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No Boogie Nights
Nov. 14, 2020, 10:55 a.m.

I really like John Deere as well - not many places on the shore you can get that much speed on a proper singletrack! It's just the terms "super smooth", "hard packed" and "buff" seem to trigger a lot of folks! Haha!

Nov. 14, 2020, 1:45 p.m.

Posted by: RiderDykman

Ok I'll give that a shot!

After checking my map book I've realized boogie nights isnt on there, does Boogieman run right into it??

It's on trailforks. Once you cross the huge log it's a small little climb and then you hang a right. If you go straight you will end up on a double black last section of boogieman, a big rock face which is challenging for sure. Boogie nights to the right is super fast and flowy like JD. For the extra bit of climbing up GSM to the baden it's a way longer descent. Enjoy

Nov. 14, 2020, 4:03 p.m.

Pangor also connects nicely to Boogie Nights, for anyone, like me, not quite up for Boogieman (the log bridge freaks me out).

JD has been getting smoother over time, but I think it would rapidly deteriorate into a Ned's like trench and/or a mud-fest, if it wasn't built up like it has been.

Nov. 14, 2020, 7:11 p.m.

IMO it's getting to be that time of year where JD can use a bit of a break. It's well built but still, IMO as "winter" trails go there are better options. When I ride it and it's wetter than I'd anticipated, I tend to feel bad. Severed on the other hand I feel just begs to be beaten on wet days. Good times.

Nov. 14, 2020, 9:13 p.m.

That's a good point. They should shut down JD If they feel like it.

However, after the storm rain we had on Thursasay JD was riding still pretty solid. So solid that I hiked back up it to ride it again. Sure are a lot nice little kickers on that trail!...

Last edited by: RiderDykman on Nov. 14, 2020, 9:13 p.m., edited 1 time in total.