Is the shore dead?

Aug. 7, 2007, 9:54 a.m.

The best thing for the Shore mountains is Whistler's opening day.

no doubt, it does wonders. i think even Duke on the SSC commented about the same thing for their trails.

i can't wait until Cypress opens their park back up and gets a solid trail system … that can only help reduce the traffic on the shore even more. lots of different stories and rumours going around about when it might open back up, and even if it will stay on Black or move to Strachan …

Aug. 7, 2007, 10:16 a.m.

no doubt, it does wonders. i think even Duke on the SSC commented about the same thing for their trails.

i can't wait until Cypress opens their park back up and gets a solid trail system … that can only help reduce the traffic on the shore even more.

Couldn't agree more, and Cypress was fun while it lasted.

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

Aug. 7, 2007, 12:12 p.m.

i can't wait until Cypress opens their park back up and gets a solid trail system … that can only help reduce the traffic on the shore even more. lots of different stories and rumours going around about when it might open back up, and even if it will stay on Black or move to Strachan …

It would never move to strachan, too much old growth and Black is where its been permitted in the BC Parks Master Plan for cypress.

The only way for the Cypress Bike Park to reopen is for it to be economically feasible for the mountain.

Derwood, things are still happening. Lots of things. The information is just not all in one place unfortunately.

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Aug. 7, 2007, 12:52 p.m.

ditto for the valley. i would say we lose about half of the traffic on the trails out here the weekend whistler opens. it's even better when the other hills open (sunpeaks, silverstar) b/c everyone's out on road trips.

"It's, like, so much fun."

Aug. 7, 2007, 1:17 p.m.

It would never move to strachan, too much old growth and Black is where its been permitted in the BC Parks Master Plan for cypress.

i know, but i like to dream.

strachan is sicker than black on so many levels … would allow for way better trails and more variety …

Aug. 10, 2007, 1:09 p.m.

i like the shore!

07 banshee scratch
07 haro x7
06 haro nyquist bmx
05 khs dj50
03 kona stinky
03 vps :orly:

Aug. 10, 2007, 1:12 p.m.

cypress needs to reopen!

07 banshee scratch
07 haro x7