Injured Rider? Do you know what happened?

June 15, 2009, 4:19 p.m.

Rider split open cut above eye for stitches. Good one indeed but everyone is ok.

A friend of a friend…

DB@EB
Posted via Mobile Device

Lessons, Rentals & Tours - since 2004

www.endlessbiking.com

Facebook Fan Page

Follow us on Twitter

June 15, 2009, 4:19 p.m.

Well, nvm. Posted above while I was writing. :)

Hope they're ok. That can bleed a lot!

June 15, 2009, 5:57 p.m.

My humor was not meant to be pointed at the injured rider. I apologize if it was taken that way.

Healing vibes sent his way.

Karen.

I'm volunteering as fast as I can.

June 15, 2009, 6:34 p.m.

I'll take a chance and guess that he isn't offended by any comments here. After all, he id ride off a 3 foot wide ladder bridge that is flat on the ground. ;) He did ride everything until point ok….

When kids ask me if riding something is easy, I carefully remind them to remain focused at all times. As soon as a rider relaxes and loses focus, bam!

How many times have we all seen a rider clean a techy stunt/feature only to have a yard-sale as soon as they are back on trail and ready to continue?!

DB@EB

Lessons, Rentals & Tours - since 2004

www.endlessbiking.com

Facebook Fan Page

Follow us on Twitter

June 15, 2009, 6:39 p.m.

Does the NSMBA supply bags for blood donors or should we bring them in our pack?

You pack it in, you pack it out.

June 15, 2009, 7:49 p.m.

Rider split open cut above eye for stitches. Good one indeed but everyone is ok.

A friend of a friend…

DB@EB
Posted via Mobile Device

Damn that must of been a bleeder for it to show up on the trail. Glad to hear the rider was ok

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

June 15, 2009, 8:14 p.m.

Was he wearing a full face? Seeing that makes me want to throw some gauze and tape in my camel back.

June 15, 2009, 8:21 p.m.

I'll take a chance and guess that he isn't offended by any comments here. After all, he id ride off a 3 foot wide ladder bridge that is flat on the ground. ;) He did ride everything until point ok….

When kids ask me if riding something is easy, I carefully remind them to remain focused at all times. As soon as a rider relaxes and loses focus, bam!

How many times have we all seen a rider clean a techy stunt/feature only to have a yard-sale as soon as they are back on trail and ready to continue?!

DB@EB

Ain't it the truth.

Most everyone reading this has crashed after a split-second loss of concentration, though few have had as much bloodshed… or photos… or prolonged discussion on NSMB!! And here I thought having a few eyewitnesses was embarrassing! :eek2:

Good to hear he's doing okay and not too put off by it. Hope he's back on the trails before long.

June 15, 2009, 10:14 p.m.

Noone ever hurts themselves doing something cool. A coworker just broke his hip riding on the sidewalk!

June 15, 2009, 10:56 p.m.

The first time I had the courage to ride the A-Frame stunt on Natural High, I rode it without any issues… and then proceed to SLOWLY roll over the small (about 3'?) jump right after it. I'd never had any issues with the jump… until I did the A-Frame.

I endo'd and landed right on my face, and was very thankful for my full-face helmet, which suffered a broken visor.

June 16, 2009, 8:28 a.m.

Was he wearing a full face? Seeing that makes me want to throw some gauze and tape in my camel back.

I never ride without some basic first aid kit - even when out riding singletrail with me missus. You never know.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

June 16, 2009, 12:03 p.m.

DB@EB

How true. Last summer, while still basking in the stoke of a fun ride down Espresso, we finished up with a short bonus run near the bottom. Mentally my state of mind was, hey it's just an easy blue run, pin it… so I pedalled hard and went as fast as I could. Crashed into a tree and tore my ACL on Floppy Bunny, aka "easiest trail on Fromme". Just now getting back into the game. It's always the easy ones that sneak up on you and smack you upside the head when you're not looking.

June 16, 2009, 1:31 p.m.

Camelback should make a bladder with an IV attachment.

I think thats what the first camelback was - an IV bag with shoulder straps

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

June 16, 2009, 11:41 p.m.

I think thats what the first camelback was - an IV bag with shoulder straps

I'm glad someone knows their history. I thought I was going to have to post that up!!!

total scam. he put food before beer.

June 17, 2009, 7:30 p.m.

blood covered rocks - that's one way we could block braids…I sure as hell wouldn't that line…