Info Request- Kid friendly loops from Alice Lake campground (from Ride Planning...)

July 21, 2020, 2:35 p.m.

https://nsmb.com/forum/forum/ride-planning-and-tales-8/topic/info-request-kid-friendly-loops-from-alice-lake-campground-131641/

Feels like im not supposed to try to link threads like this but wasnt sure what sorta traffic that channel gets. Any who...

Hey Folks,

Taking the kids (12 & 14 - intermediate riders) camping at Alice lake provincial campground and looking for some good loops to ride from there(they prefer flowee! LOL) . Feel free to either give directions or just trail names and i can look on trailforks. DM if need be.

Thank you much!

July 21, 2020, 2:51 p.m.

Anything with Rob's and Cliff's would probably go over well.  Easy to get to from Alice Lake.

July 21, 2020, 3:19 p.m.

Rob's corners for sure. Pretty easy pedal up to Miki's magic, slippery salmon. Lots of berms, and flow and tabletops. Also manboobs is a pretty easy trail. I wouldn't have any worries about taking an intermediate rider on these, all blue trails with no mandatory drops.

Last edited by: Brocklanders on July 21, 2020, 3:21 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 21, 2020, 8:03 p.m.

For some flowee but with a few roots and rocks, try mad hatter and manboobs.

Also leave of absence is a favorite.

Finally, for a fun little bit longer route, go up the highway a bit, hop off on the west side on to the access road to alder trail to bridge trail. Then back across to the cat lake road, take a dip in the lake and come back on section 57, Cheshire cat, kitten and white rabbit. 

It's worthwhile to head over to the university if you have time. Half Nelson is a classic for those adverse to rocks and roots but want to go downhill fast.

July 21, 2020, 8:17 p.m.

Posted by: KenN

Anything with Rob's and Cliff's would probably go over well.  Easy to get to from Alice Lake.

Agreed.

Go up the fire road to get there.  Before going uphill at the power lines theres a loop at the left that goes down to the river.  I think the trail is called Dead End Loop.

If they can do a bit of steepish decent, after the Rob's/Cliff's  corners you can go down Rollercoaster, then cross the road to Lumberjack which takes you to near start of Jack's trail and then take Jack's back to Alice lake.

Or for easy ride just a loop of Jack's trail.  Also, cross the highway from Alice Lake - there are some easy and flat trails there.

https://www.trailforks.com/region/squamish/

July 22, 2020, 2:21 p.m.

Awesome, thanks Switch, Rah, Brock n Ken! Old-school-rep all around

cheers boys

July 27, 2020, 10:25 a.m.

SUCH a fun zone! Thanks again guys, Miki's and Slippery salamander had us grinning from ear to ear. Thanks to the builders and maintainers!

July 27, 2020, 7:01 p.m.

Awesome. Camped at Alice a few weeks ago and took the 8 yo to Miki’s for a couple laps and then man boobs (he loved the name). He loved Miki’s and enjoyed man boobs but definitely found some of it challenging for a 24” bike. 

Really great area there for riding with the kids.

July 28, 2020, 9:49 a.m.

ya we were going to ride 'Man Boobs' but ended up taking the 'corners' trails down to 'Tracks from Hell' then pretty much fumbled our way down from there. Both my kids were on 24" DJ hardtails so there was some whining for suspension on the way down and me yelling back at them "JUST PICK YOUR LINES BETTER!!!"

hahahaha ;)

Aug. 7, 2020, 2:44 p.m.

Did you ride up on the Alice Lake Access road to get into the area?