Impression of bike shops on the North Shore.

Nov. 27, 2012, 12:38 p.m.

Personally im much more linely to donate that tube.. I know i know.. Doesnt make sense…

Why sure it does - you can chuck him the tube without stopping, preserving that KOM attempt.

Cheers Ben

Nov. 27, 2012, 1:26 p.m.

exactly.. i was KOM'ing on my 37 lb 2009 norco 06.. i cant be stopping or i may never get started again..

Nov. 27, 2012, 7:16 p.m.

i rep everybody who slags me..so bring it on!

Nov. 28, 2012, 7:31 a.m.

I don't mind giving directions to folks. It's when buddy asks if I have a tube. I say why yes, yes I do have a tube. And ride on. Now if buddy explains that he's on his second flat I would likely chuck a tube their way. Or if it was far out and possibly dangerous i.e. getting dark I would lend a hand.

I don't mind helping either, but some days every guy I see is on the side of the trail without a pump. Wtf? Basic equipment, don't rely on me for that. Chain tool, fine, I'll even do the work for you.

Nov. 28, 2012, 11:15 a.m.

Would anyone give "Joe Racer" whose up on Garbo a tube? The walk of shame from the top can't be much fun but they must know the risk. Going up Garbo without a tube is like riding WBP without armpads or gloves. Sooner or later your going to get burned.

:canada:

Nov. 28, 2012, 11:18 a.m.

Would anyone give "Joe Racer" whose up on Garbo a tube? The walk of shame from the top can't be much fun but they must know the risk. Going up Garbo without a tube is like riding WBP without armpads or gloves. Sooner or later your going to get burned.

I paid a visit to the clinic this summer. The nurse there told me she couldn't believe how many dumb-asses come in daily wearing only sleeveless jerseys and $600 Troy Lee helmets but no other protection. The (completely avoidable) hamburger elbows this woman must have seen.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Nov. 28, 2012, 11:56 a.m.

i don't carry gear, but fully accept any consequences that may bring. ride it out is my motto on the rare occasion that the atmospheres escape the tyres of my velocipede. i once flatted at the top of gg; made for an entertainingly drifty ride down.

Nov. 28, 2012, 12:17 p.m.

Cove donated a bunch of gear to the 4x guys in Abbotsford. That's pretty cool to see, and is the sort of good deed that changes perceptions about certain shops.

Good on you Cove.
:coo:

The nurse there told me she couldn't believe how many dumb-asses come in daily wearing only sleeveless jerseys and $600 Troy Lee helmets but no other protection.

One thing I remember from the 2009 injury survey from the Whistler clinic is that 95% of the injured came into the clinic with nothing more than a helmet for protection. I've lost track of how many slams I took on that hill and walked away with a bruised ego and a couple scratches. If not for the safety equipment, I would have been in there far more often than I'd like to be.

Nov. 28, 2012, 12:38 p.m.

I paid a visit to the clinic this summer. The nurse there told me she couldn't believe how many dumb-asses come in daily wearing only sleeveless jerseys and $600 Troy Lee helmets but no other protection. The (completely avoidable) hamburger elbows this woman must have seen.

But goddamn they looked cool before impact.

Maybe they went without due to peer pressure from shop douchebaggery?

"Your pads are ghey… That brand is ruining the business. Why would I carry that shiat, bro Brah bro???? Buy these, I can order them and have them in two weeks"

All while eating frog legs.

Nov. 28, 2012, 1:12 p.m.

Reminds me of a picture i saw recently of Kovarik's, his elbows and arms looked like yellow cottage cheese, happened when he went down during the whip off, was pretty painful looking road rash.

Nov. 28, 2012, 6:19 p.m.

First stop. Cove Bike shop. I own a cove. I've owned many before it. I like cove as a brand. But holy hell, somebody buy a heater for the place. It's freezing in the store.

Thanks Sleeper
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqZ9WVBXBvw

www.covebike.com
North Vancouver 604-929-2222

Nov. 28, 2012, 7 p.m.

I don't wear elbow pads because they drive me nuts. After every run they're around my wrists. I have yet to find a pair that stay put.

Nov. 28, 2012, 7:05 p.m.

I don't wear elbow pads because they drive me nuts. After every run they're around my wrists. I have yet to find a pair that stay put.

Try out these:

http://http://www.pocsports.com/en/product/1396/joint-vpd-2-0-elbow

Someone on here recommended them to me and I really like them! Not too easy on the wallet though… they were like $140 or something if I remember correctly.

Nov. 28, 2012, 7:10 p.m.

$140 for elbow pads? LOLWTF. I'd almost rather cross my arms and land on my head.

treezz
wow you are a ass

Nov. 28, 2012, 9:05 p.m.

I was in Steed today and the guys were all super friendly! Awesome store!

Twitter: Stephen_matthws
Instagram: stephen_matthews