I was sorely tempted

May 28, 2005, 9:15 p.m.

I also recommend that people carry a basic first aid kit that includes a space blanket, Advil, lighter, dry paper (for starting a fire), hockey tape and some band-aids. The ride I was on with Noel from Knolley Bikes when he hurt his knee really opened by eyes to being able to repair the person as well as the bike.

good points,but dont go starting a fire this time of year!

not sure,but the advil may clash with hospital meds as well.

the most important thing I have found is riding with enough people with enough gear spread amongst them to reasonably deal with most problems.

Pastor of Muppets

May 29, 2005, 7:47 a.m.

Just make sure the other people in your group have the certain things so that the load can be spread amongst you. Nobody wants an "I thought you had it?!" moment.

i snapped two of them just riding down my road

If you ride Whistler, please please wear a full face hemet. Your mother will thank me, nobody wants a ugly kid.

May 29, 2005, 12:06 p.m.

Remember Mobile Phone! You can phone for help, well u can in Scotland we get reception

May 29, 2005, 10:27 p.m.

http://www.norconewsletter.com/archive/article.cfm?CID=42

Pete carries more stuff on a ride than anyone I have ever met - he's gotten so 'famous' for it amoung his friends, we made him write about it.

Too true. I remember running into him on Burke, and all of us were on Norcos, which made him so happy that he reached into his pack and pulled out Norco carabiners for all of us. Not something that you would ever expect :)