I hate sun peaks

Aug. 1, 2003, 2:18 p.m.

Originally posted by Derek Diggler
**Don't you mean ProFlex with Girvin Vector fork? Those were just becoming the rage ;)

Ya, I meant that, but Disco Monkey and nylons just sound good together. Makes this whining thread complete.

Remember how RADICAL those forks looked? I wanted one.

Aug. 1, 2003, 2:22 p.m.

I liked the old linkage forks that Kona made with Joe Murray. I still want to know what a ProFlex 957 fully decked out feels like.

Whilst wearing nylons.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Aug. 1, 2003, 7:44 p.m.

Umm, just my 2 cents from another non lawyer:

Gimpy, if you're under 18 and only you signed that waiver (ie: not your parents) SunPeaks owes you a new bike and some ass kissing.

You're a minor and no contract/waiver you sign is legally binding, and they know it too - or their lawyer sure as hell does. You could have signed it in front of a judge, tv cameras and the prime minister, it's still worthless if you're under 18.

Hence most public sport places where you could get hurt - every paintball field I ever played on comes to mind, require your parents signature.

Get your parents to have a lawyer to send them a letter - unless they really want to be jerks about it you should get a new bike damn soon.

Good luck

Aug. 1, 2003, 7:55 p.m.

Originally posted by Heatmizer
**Umm, just my 2 cents from another non lawyer:

Gimpy, if you're under 18 and only you signed that waiver (ie: not your parents) SunPeaks owes you a new bike and some ass kissing.

You're a minor and no contract/waiver you sign is legally binding, and they know it too - or their lawyer sure as hell does. You could have signed it in front of a judge, tv cameras and the prime minister, it's still worthless if you're under 18.

Hence most public sport places where you could get hurt - every paintball field I ever played on comes to mind, require your parents signature.

Get your parents to have a lawyer to send them a letter - unless they really want to be jerks about it you should get a new bike damn soon.

Good luck **

At Sun Peaks you have to sign 3 waivers I think, and if you are under 18 you have to have a parents signature or someone over 18 signs for you. Most people up there complain about how many waivers you have to sign. You also have to sign these before you get your pass.

Aug. 1, 2003, 7:58 p.m.

Originally posted by giZ
At Sun Peaks you have to sign 3 waivers I think, and if you are under 18 you have to have a parents signature or someone over 18 signs for you. Most people up there complain about how many waivers you have to sign. You also have to sign these before you get your pass.

Is all that just for a pass? I'd pretend to be illiterate and make them read them son of a bitch waivers if thats the case. Then sign with a big X. In crayon.

:D

Aug. 1, 2003, 8:03 p.m.

Ahhh ok, fair enough. The covered their asses on that one.

I'd still get a lawyer.

Aug. 1, 2003, 10:09 p.m.

Hey, no need to finish school. From the sounds of it, most of you have already finished your law degrees and passed the bar.

Congratulations!

http://www.scottvelez.com

Aug. 1, 2003, 11:11 p.m.

QUOTE: i hate sun peaks

atleast you get your revenge…its on fire

SELLING: 2003 norco sasquatch frame 210$obo PM for more info

Aug. 2, 2003, 1:09 a.m.

Originally posted by giZ

yeah, you have to sign a waiver for your bike to get the inspection pass and a waiver for urself for the liftticket. thats if for tourists though. the "locals" process is dramatically simplified, eg. load the lift and ride.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight D. Eisenhower "The Chance for Peace" 1953

Aug. 2, 2003, 10:29 a.m.

The funny thing about this… is a lawyer is really really expensive to obtain let alone try to pursue legal battle against a multi million dollar corporation on a waiver situation over a bike. Perhaps your parents could more easily afford a new Disco Money rather then a law suit. I am fairly sure this isn't a legal aid situation over your bike.

http://www.bicyclecafe.com/kamloops

Aug. 2, 2003, 11:51 a.m.

christ,i'd be hopping over the 4by4!
the K2 isn't worth arguing for..much better off with the norco.seriously…the 4by 4 is a sweet bike,the K2 is kinda cheapish stuff sold at sport mart..i'd really way rather have the norco.

Aug. 2, 2003, 7 p.m.

unfortunately, if you had purchased bike insurance (around $100 per year) you'd be ordering your new bike right now

Aug. 2, 2003, 8:31 p.m.

Originally posted by k-Bizzle
And paying a $300 deductable, followed by higher premiums… all for a K2 Discomonkey worth no more than $500.

Yeah, but isn't the disco monkey priced around 3 grand or something ridiculous? If so, you could take the insurance money and buy something decent. Bike insurance from BCAA covers theft and damage (like if you break your fork or something) and even has something in the policy called "mysterious disappearance".

Aug. 2, 2003, 8:39 p.m.

Originally posted by drezy
Bike insurance from BCAA covers theft and damage (like if you break your fork or something) and even has something in the policy called "mysterious disappearance".

mysterious would be a reason other than "my bike fell off the chairlift" why a K2 would asked to be replaced!