I hate sun peaks

July 31, 2003, 11:06 p.m.

gimpy, who from sun peaks did you talk to?

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight D. Eisenhower "The Chance for Peace" 1953

Aug. 1, 2003, 10:20 a.m.

Anyone think this is similar to that kid who sued Whistler cause he ventured into a snowboard park he couldn't handle? I would say this is more Sunpeaks responsibility than yours.

I like peanut butter

Aug. 1, 2003, 10:41 a.m.

All of that junk on the back of a lift ticket is Bull Shit, legaly speaking of course. OptionaL is right, they just do it to scare you off. They are responsible for the actions of their employees, and if their employees loaded the bike… it is their problem. If you have to get a lawyer involved all it means is that they pay more as you sue them for replacement of your bike AND legal fees. I have all of this on good authority, my godfather's a lawyer and I have discussed the issue of disclaimers on tickets before. As a side note, I bet this is the biggest reason that Whistler has you load your own bike.

sheep go to heaven, goats go to hell

Aug. 1, 2003, 10:47 a.m.

You amateur lawyers with your blanket statements about waivers.

Kid; that waiver has a pretty good chance of holding up if SunPeaks:

- made you sign it
- specifically states in their waiver that part of the risk of riding their lifts is that the bike falls off the lift because it wasn't loaded on properly

If that waiver holds up then legally, Sunpeaks doesn't have to give you squat. My guess is that Sunpeaks uses the standard ski hill/bike park waiver. If they do, then that waiver is not strong enough for them to get out of compensating you.

However, operators like Sunpeaks often do a little more than what they're legally required to do. My guess is that Sunpeaks will give you back a bike at your full replacement cost if you ask loudly and nicely enough.

It is very simplistic to say that waivers don't work. Badly drafted waivers don't work. Well-drafted waivers work.

Aug. 1, 2003, 12:07 p.m.

I worked there for 6 years, and loaded bikes on the chairs for 4 years.
In my time working there 2 bikes have fallen off. Both were replaced at the value there were worth today, which makes perfect sence to me. If you drive a 1982 car and it gets totalled off today would you expect to get $10.000 now, if that's what you paid in 1982.
And it's not a bunch of doped up hippies that work there either, get your head out of your ass.

You guys should try loading your own bikes, it's not as easy as it looks. Everytime someone asked if they could try and load their own bike, I would let them, and it never failed, we always had to stop the chair. You are lucky that you are getting a 4x4, it's better than nothing.

Aug. 1, 2003, 12:14 p.m.

Originally posted by k-Bizzle
The lifties at Sun Peaks rule it!
Well at least last year… there was this really nice one :o

:)

Aug. 1, 2003, 1:43 p.m.

Hey Giz I met a guy named Lee who was in your nursing program in the Loops and a girl named Nicki who was a patroller at Sun Peaks. they say you are the bestest.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Aug. 1, 2003, 1:52 p.m.

I wouldn't be complaining that they are replacing a K2. What's that worth? Maybe the cost of my wheels and a sack of rocks.

Aug. 1, 2003, 1:56 p.m.

What baffles me is that people still buy K2s.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Aug. 1, 2003, 1:58 p.m.

Originally posted by Derek Diggler
What baffles me is that people still buy K2s.

They don't, silly man. They are like the 'hand me downs' clothes you had to use growing up.

Aug. 1, 2003, 2 p.m.

Originally posted by Zedbra
I wouldn't be complaining that they are replacing a K2. What's that worth? Maybe the cost of my wheels and a sack of rocks.

Ouch! What kind of rocks? :)

I say keep after them. They'll do the right thing to protect their image. It just might take a while to convince them.
I would mention a lawyer, but don't call one yet ($$$ as soon as you start talking; sorta like a really expensive cab). Also mention possible letters to newspapers. Those things are good to use as leverage while you "bargain" with the good people at Sun Peaks.

I'm quitting organized crime; from now on I'll stick to the regular kind.

Aug. 1, 2003, 2:02 p.m.

Originally posted by EndoKing
Ouch! What kind of rocks? :)

shiny ones, if the manager is in a good mood and got some the night before.

Aug. 1, 2003, 2:04 p.m.

Originally posted by Zedbra
They don't, silly man. They are like the 'hand me downs' clothes you had to use growing up.

My parents were always trying to get me to wear my sister's clothes, who is 7 years older than me.

And they were worried when I was 16 and started shaving my legs if I was gay. Coincidence? Methinks it was planned.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Aug. 1, 2003, 2:11 p.m.

Originally posted by Derek Diggler
And they were worried when I was 16 and started shaving my legs if I was gay.

How else are you going to slip on the nylons, and ride your Disco Monkey?

Aug. 1, 2003, 2:15 p.m.

Don't you mean ProFlex with Girvin Vector fork? Those were just becoming the rage ;)

I really wanted a ProFlex, but got picked up on a Kona grassroots deal :(

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")