I hate sun peaks

July 31, 2003, 8:21 p.m.

yeah dude i herd about it nd yes they do have to replace it i can tell u if they droped my bike they would here from me and it wouldnt be very godo and if they told me they cant do anyhtign i woudl give them a big:fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu:

July 31, 2003, 8:37 p.m.

What kinda bike was it, how much was it worth?

I would raise a shit storm, it's good they're offering you a 4by4.

http://www.cyberetrothreads.com

ya fuck you windows. fuck you too door.

July 31, 2003, 8:44 p.m.

I believe it was a K2 Discomonkey.

I would raise hell until I got a NEW bike of equal or greater value than the one THEY broke.

Do not be afraid to take them to court (if you have the right to).

I like my women like I like my Scotch. 15 years old and mixed up with coke.

July 31, 2003, 8:45 p.m.

Originally posted by demon
yeah dude i herd about it nd yes they do have to replace it i can tell u if they droped my bike they would here from me and it wouldnt be very godo and if they told me they cant do anyhtign i woudl give them a big:fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu:

don't ever make another post on nsmb again

:)

go back to grade 3 instead and learn how to spell

thanks
:)

July 31, 2003, 8:50 p.m.

Have your parents talk to the mountain. Then have a lawyer talk to the mountain (actually a letter will probably suffice). The release waiver is not worth the paper it is written if you have a decent lawyer.

I am a vegetarian not because I love animals but because I HATE plants.

It could be worse…you could be on fire.

July 31, 2003, 8:56 p.m.

Originally posted by OptionaL
A lawyer isn't gunna help BTW.

On second thought.. yes get a lawyer.

Even if sun peaks has fine print saying they aren't responsable. They are responsable in terms of law, the stuff written on the ticket doesn't mean 2 shits.

This is also the same reason why bikers can't just sign a paper saying they are responsable for their own actions on a particular trail. Even if they signed the paper, they could still sue the person who owns the land.

So Scottv - you are wrong, sorry.

mike - wrong too

[edit] I'm pretty sure they just write that stuff on the ticket to scare you away from holding them liable ..

tommrorow. mom took the van/

July 31, 2003, 9:04 p.m.

send a letter to your local news paper and that should do it

Andrew Cho

GT Bikes
http://www.gtbicycles.com

July 31, 2003, 9:09 p.m.

yea, bad PR is your best defense if they won't listen to a Lawyer.

July 31, 2003, 10:14 p.m.

fuck man. They were lucky it was the bike that fell. What if it was a chairlift that fell…

July 31, 2003, 10:27 p.m.

Thats so BS,they should buy you the same bike new same components and all,or pay you the equivelent as alot of you are saying.
And all of you guys who are saying Sunpeaks doesnt owe him shit and the jerkass that said I'd be happy with a cookie- dude if your bike fell off and got totaled your saying you would just shrug it off and be like uhhhhhhhhh I dont give a flying f**k because its just a multi-thousand dollar bike and they gave me a cookie hehehe:rolleyes:
anyways dude I hoope everything works out for ya

July 31, 2003, 10:28 p.m.

Oh and what kind of bike was it?:???:

July 31, 2003, 10:34 p.m.

K2 Discomonkey, He said it in another post I believe.

July 31, 2003, 10:51 p.m.

since Sunpeaks is resposbile for installnig your bike into teh lifts, THEY are responsobile for it at that point….

theres no WAY they can allow your bike to fall outa the lift then say "to bad"…..

i'd be on the phone to the owner of Sunpeaks…someone who be getting some serious "ear-raping" over the telephone lines….

the VERY least i would settle for is a full replacement NEW K2 discomonkey..

July 31, 2003, 10:52 p.m.

Couple of suggestions young lad:

1. If they are letting you keep your current bike, check your frame. If it is still under warrantee, you may have a new frame coming. At the very least, companies often do cheap upgrades for warrantee claims past the date. Check it out.

2. Use diplomacy to get the best you can out of Sun Peaks. They may have grounds legally to screw you, but customer service is everything to these guys. They are motivated to make you happy. Have a level headed person (a parent, uncle, or close friend) negotiate on your behalf that will be able to present to them the advantages of replacing your ride at full value. You

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.

July 31, 2003, 10:59 p.m.

I would never settle for a lower end bike.

If someone dropped my scream and broke it and said "here, take this K2 Evo", I would have a lawyer jumping down their throats before they crossed the t's and dotted the i's.

As IFO said, the very least you should be settling for is a brand new K2 Discomonkey.

A few well written letters to a few key people (owner first, then newspapers and the like) will definately get the ball rolling.