I got an email...

Oct. 9, 2015, 3:39 p.m.

[QUOTE=cerealkilla';2891950]Thanks Leggat, for demonstrating the exact kind of short-sighted relativism that I was pointing at. You offer nothing in terms of a new or insightful perspective.

Questioning the moral ambiguity of one act does not necessitate answering critiques for all others. Are there no better ways to promote the sport? I can pick out many which do not entail the needless elements involved here.

Sheesh is right. Dare to question something, and dare to critique the image of the sport and challenge people to do better, and some people get really defensive really fast. I'm really not sure what you're rushing to protect here. My focus is on promotion of the sport. I guess if you think that we can't do that without chasing animals and big boobs, I pity your lack of vision.

I hope you don't enjoy any of the big mountain ridng style movies. Untouched desert slopes ridden by guys all the while dropping anchor and skidding to and fro! Damaging slopes and making them susceptible to errosion and decay.

Or, Brandon Semenuk's segment where they destroyed a nice rolling and lush piece of dirt with big ole scar outlf a mountain bike trail, just to film "one shot".

My point wasn't narrow minded at all, but rather I can dissect anything and be outraged by it.

No matter what is done, there will be haters.

Oct. 9, 2015, 3:41 p.m.

Please keep going and reiterate my points for me. Thank you.

So, haters will hate, so don't question anything. This is really rich.

Oct. 9, 2015, 4:33 p.m.

[QUOTE=cerealkilla';2891952]

So, haters will hate,
so don't question anything.
This is really rich.

Not intending to get in the way of you and Ken dancing the tango, but I wanted to compliment you on the excellent (accidental?) Haiku.

Cheers,

Mean People SUCK! Nice People SHOVEL!

Trails For All; Trails For Weather

Oct. 9, 2015, 4:39 p.m.

Not intending to get in the way of you and Ken dancing the tango, but I wanted to compliment you on the excellent (accidental?) Haiku.

Cheers,

LOL

Oct. 9, 2015, 4:40 p.m.

Cheers,

Lol.

Some horses ran with some mountain bikers..end of story. The only casualty was a bike.

Panties in bunches for all.

Pastor of Muppets

Oct. 9, 2015, 4:41 p.m.

That's what this sport needs more of…haikus.

Oct. 9, 2015, 5:04 p.m.

[QUOTE=cerealkilla';2891919]Don't compare western movies to mountain biking. It's funny how apologists will always point to some other totally separate scenario, and say "What about that?" as if there is a direct relationship between one thing and another (when if fact there is not). This is a poorly founded line or argument that inevitably chooses to ignore anything and everything that may actually be problematic with the case at hand.

Well put, thank you! I've been struggling to figure out how to say this very thing.

Although I can't defend modern factory farming. Any more than I can resist bacon…

Oct. 9, 2015, 5:14 p.m.

Damn… riding bikes is some serious shit. :damn:

Oct. 9, 2015, 5:29 p.m.

Cheers,

Thank you for bringing us back to reality.
I usually agree with most of Ken's posts.

Oct. 13, 2015, 3:52 p.m.

I just saw a commercial that had a dog with a broken leg riding around in a Subaru herding sheep!

I want to know who the f#%k broke the poor dog's leg?!! And, what the hell? Are those sheep trained to be herded by a dog in a Subaru?

Sorry, I don't watch a lot of TV but the Jays and the Cubs are in the playoffs. Now where do I send my hate email?

Oct. 13, 2015, 4:10 p.m.

… Now where do I send my hate email?

Step #1: Put your personal e-mail address in the "To:" column

Example: To: [email protected]

Step #2: Hit "Send"

Mean People SUCK! Nice People SHOVEL!

Trails For All; Trails For Weather

Oct. 13, 2015, 4:33 p.m.

[email protected]

Nice! I gotta say, you nailed it!

Oct. 13, 2015, 4:42 p.m.

Great rally boys- Great comedy.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Oct. 14, 2015, 1:15 a.m.

Damn… riding bikes is some serious shit. :damn:

There was once a group of guys called RepGang on this very board who thought that MountainBiking is Serious Business. And NSMB as well.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Oct. 27, 2015, 1:19 p.m.

Mountain biker number 1: "Our shit doesn't stink."
Mountain biker number 2: "Yes it does!"

That's how these threads usually go.

Wrong. Always.