I got an email...

Oct. 7, 2015, 7:58 p.m.

I would have ignored the email.

….and having owned horses,I know that they do in fact enjoy a little game of chase the human. Mine did.

Maybe it was just you! :lol:

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Oct. 7, 2015, 9:33 p.m.

So only vegetarians and people buying free range meat are allowed to be offended by dickish behaviour? That's silly.

It's not silly at all…if you mow down on a lb of bacon saturday morning, and you are fully aware of what was done to that pig while it was raised, and you chose to complain about this, but the ignore the treatment of the pig for your own pleasure of bacon, you are a hypocrite.

I'm ignoring Smedley.

Oct. 7, 2015, 9:41 p.m.

Where is a god-damn
Haiku poem when you need one?
Always seems to chill.

I'm ignoring Smedley.

Oct. 7, 2015, 10:11 p.m.

… I also know that hundreds of hours of planning and safety went into the shot and that the horses are trained to do this sort of work…

Good to know. To me, this makes all the difference.

Oct. 7, 2015, 10:16 p.m.

I also know that hundreds of hours of planning and safety went into the shot and that the horses are trained to do this sort of work.

some sort of disclaimer or mention of this in the vid probably would have gone a long way to diffusing any controversy.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Oct. 7, 2015, 10:26 p.m.

some sort of disclaimer or mention of this in the vid probably would have gone a long way to diffusing any controversy.

Doubt it. They did have the "no animals harmed" disclaimer in the credits though.

Likely wouldn't have made a lick of difference in this case though…

…anyone who thinks that horse rancher would have risked even one of his animals for a bunch of pajama wearing pedal bikers is out of their minds.

Pastor of Muppets

Oct. 7, 2015, 11:03 p.m.

When I hear and read stories about all the terrible things that go on in the world, and how our young people are losing their way, I immediately think "Chasing horses on a bicycle". What could possibly be worse than that? Also, did she refer to Cam as a "powerful Tool?"

Oct. 8, 2015, 8:02 a.m.

I also know that hundreds of hours of planning and safety went into the shot and that the horses are trained to do this sort of work.

Its a really cool shot, but as Tashi said, and IMHO, this makes a big difference.

I'm gonna challenge you for back up data on this one Cam, if you have some.

…hundreds of hours of planning and safety?
Was it 200?, 600?, 800?, how many hours?

One thing I do know, thats big dollars. Really big. And a tremendous amount of work specifically dedicated to a small amount of final product.
I'm surprised a MTB film maker and sponsors would be able to justify and put a scene in with the expense of 100's of hours of scene specific safety and planning, combined with very specific location, horse and equipment rental, production costs, all for one shot. Pretty mind blowing.
This is your world and not mine obviously, with all thats considered, and the 100's of hours dedicated to planning and safety, how much would a shot like this cost?

…the horses are trained to do this sort of work?
Its pretty clear in the "making of" vid they are a ranchers horses for sure but trained? Who's horses are they? Ranchers Company website? (They'd have one if they were pimping their horses out for movie production, which is the only reason they'd need to specifically train them I think) I'm curious to check it out as it would go a long way to supporting the filmmakers assurances in the credits that the horses were unharmed.

Oct. 8, 2015, 11:13 a.m.

Its a really cool shot, but as Tashi said, and IMHO, this makes a big difference.

One thing I do know, thats big dollars. Really big. And a tremendous amount of work specifically dedicated to a small amount of final product.
I'm surprised a MTB film maker and sponsors would be able to justify and put a scene in with the expense of 100's of hours of scene specific safety and planning, combined with very specific location, horse and equipment rental, production costs, all for one shot. Pretty mind blowing.
This is your world and not mine obviously, with all thats considered, and the 100's of hours dedicated to planning and safety, how much would a shot like this cost?

Its pretty clear in the "making of" vid they are a ranchers horses for sure but trained? Who's horses are they? Ranchers Company website? (They'd have one if they were pimping their horses out for movie production, which is the only reason they'd need to specifically train them I think) I'm curious to check it out as it would go a long way to supporting the filmmakers assurances in the credits that the horses were unharmed.

so…do you eat bacon?

I'm ignoring Smedley.

Oct. 8, 2015, 11:28 a.m.

Yup!!
Love it!!

Oct. 8, 2015, 11:30 a.m.

It's not silly at all…if you mow down on a lb of bacon saturday morning, and you are fully aware of what was done to that pig while it was raised, and you chose to complain about this, but the ignore the treatment of the pig for your own pleasure of bacon, you are a hypocrite.

I didn't do any of these things.

Oct. 8, 2015, 1:35 p.m.

You aren't challenging me, you are challenging the producer - who told me that via email a couple of days ago when he received the email that was sent to me (she just forwarded it and left my name at the bottom in it which is pretty funny). Feel free to ask Anthill for some back up on that if you'd like. Maybe it was hyperbole, maybe it's accurate.

I was also told those horses are the ones Budweiser uses in their commercials - and that is the business the rancher is in.

Oct. 8, 2015, 1:37 p.m.

When I hear and read stories about all the terrible things that go on in the world, and how our young people are losing their way, I immediately think "Chasing horses on a bicycle". What could possibly be worse than that? Also, did she refer to Cam as a "powerful Tool?"

Did she? I sure hope so.

Well said Duncan.

Oct. 8, 2015, 2:25 p.m.

I was also told those horses are the ones Budweiser uses in their commercials - and that is the business the rancher is in.

well! I have always known that beer drinking is destructive to the biodiversity and ecology of our coastal rainforest, I now know also just what kind of people you really are.

Oct. 8, 2015, 5:09 p.m.

You aren't challenging me, you are challenging the producer - who told me that via email a couple of days ago when he received the email that was sent to me (she just forwarded it and left my name at the bottom in it which is pretty funny). Feel free to ask Anthill for some back up on that if you'd like. Maybe it was hyperbole, maybe it's accurate.

Yah I figured it was more of a hearsay kind of thing. All good
Wont be wasting mine, or anyone's time at Anthill calling them on their BS

Maybe it was hyperbole, maybe it's accurate

Takin out of context I know (dont be pissed), but this I like, you couldnt have summed up most of the crap Ive been reading up here lately any better. It is entertaining, makes for good morning coffee reading. Cheers