hyperbolic nonsense

Feb. 4, 2015, 8:08 a.m.

And, the media hype continues…

http://news.nationalpost.com/2015/02/04/vancouver-rcmp-now-patrolling-trails-to-keep-nature-lovers-from-attacking-each-other/

such nonsense reporting.

Feb. 4, 2015, 8:16 a.m.

RCMP patrols in the woods? Jesus H. Christ…

I haven't been riding for that long, but are things really this bad? I don't get any weird vibes from people to think there's some boiling torrent of tension under a calm facade. All my interactions are friendly and people seem to be genuinely enjoying themselves, regardless of what activity they're participating in. I hope everyone can take a step back, breathe deep and realize how foolish this all seems.

Ride, don't slide.

Feb. 4, 2015, 8:33 a.m.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2015/02/04/vancouver-rcmp-now-patrolling-trails-to-keep-nature-lovers-from-attacking-each-other/

such nonsense reporting.

Hard to differentiate truth from nonsense. And nsmb itself contributed to the hype. Unfortunate for all involved.

Feb. 4, 2015, 8:52 a.m.

Hard to differentiate truth from nonsense. And nsmb itself contributed to the hype. Unfortunate for all involved.

Sad but true. Although Cam has come out and owned his mistakes. I strongly suspect we wont be seeing the same from the National Post and the Province.

Feb. 4, 2015, 9:05 a.m.

such nonsense reporting.

Indeed. Makes one think about every news report these days. Is it just news or entertainment?

I wondered this AM though whether the new style of so called flow trail that allows higher speeds might be problematic for a true multi use trail. There aren't that many at the moment. Might need chicane structures at trail junctions to control speeds.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Feb. 4, 2015, 9:39 a.m.

We either have an overabundance of police resources or there is a serious lack of unsolved crime in north van.

Feb. 4, 2015, 12:18 p.m.

Sweet gig. Wonder if they have sirens on their rides?

"Nothing to see here folks. Please move along."

Safe Riding.

Feb. 4, 2015, 5:54 p.m.

So wait…she was hiking on Expresso?!?

Feb. 4, 2015, 5:57 p.m.

have you been under a rock?

Feb. 4, 2015, 6:06 p.m.

Feb. 4, 2015, 6:07 p.m.

I haven't been riding for that long, but are things really this bad? I don't get any weird vibes from people to think there's some boiling torrent of tension under a calm facade. All my interactions are friendly and people seem to be genuinely enjoying themselves, regardless of what activity they're participating in. I hope everyone can take a step back, breathe deep and realize how foolish this all seems.

I agree.
I've been riding/hiking/running/dog-walking (mine) on these trails since the early 90's [HTML_REMOVED] I can only count a handful of incidents that were worthy of verbal sparring.

If anything, I see an increase in interactions with people on Dempsey in the last two months. I've had a woman step into the street(at night) to scold me for driving too fast (I was not, as I was able to slow down and ask her if she was OK), [HTML_REMOVED] a trekking pole group was training on the hill [HTML_REMOVED] one of them waved her poles [HTML_REMOVED] yelled at me as I crossed the intersection at the 3 way stop (yes, I did stop at the sign….no, she was not wearing a headlamp….yes, she was wearing dark clothes…no, she was not even near the intersection [HTML_REMOVED] in fact…no, I did not have my bike on my car, so I was not being targeted as mountain biking eco-terrorist).

Feb. 4, 2015, 6:14 p.m.

have you been under a rock?

I guess you didn't catch the underlying sarcasm.

Feb. 4, 2015, 6:17 p.m.

Indeed.
I wondered this AM though whether the new style of so called flow trail that allows higher speeds might be problematic for a true multi use trail.

I wouldn't be surprised if the easier hiking on flow trails attracts an older, less mobile hiker than the steeper and rockier trails. I always aim for the more difficult hike/climb but I cold see that changing in 30 years.

Feb. 4, 2015, 6:48 p.m.

Is this not the poster child for first world problems or what? Fuck me…

Feb. 4, 2015, 8:31 p.m.

I wondered this AM though whether the new style of so called flow trail that allows higher speeds might be problematic for a true multi use trail. .

GJ

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.