How many times in the last 20 years has a local municipality been sued?

Dec. 17, 2012, 12:26 p.m.

People should buy their own insurance or shutup. This bullshit about 'oh but I'm paralized and now I can't work so I have no other choice but to sue' is clearly an admission that they didn't take out disability insurance on themselves when they decided to engage in an inherintly risky activity. And while unfortunate for them, it's due to their own ignorance and oversight and they can get fucked if they want to blame it on someone else and make everyone else suffer. I'd rather the injury was fatal if they are going to be dickheads about it. You insure your car in case it gets hit and run, stolen or vandalized. Sure it's someone elses fault, but you wouldn't take that risk on a new car would you?

Insurance is so ass-backwards. Why should I have to take out millions in liability for the off chance I hit someone who feels they are worth millions? If you make a million a year for your sexy feet, then you should insure those feet if you're going to run around barefoot in a horse show and pay the premium out of the millions you make on them. I shouldn't have to take out insurance in case my horse happens to accidentally step on your foot. If you think you're worth that much, pay the premium and insure yourself, or get fucked and die if you're going to get upset and blame someone about it when you suffer the loss.

Dec. 17, 2012, 2:49 p.m.

People should buy their own insurance or shutup. This bullshit about 'oh but I'm paralized and now I can't work so I have no other choice but to sue' is clearly an admission that they didn't take out disability insurance on themselves when they decided to engage in an inherintly risky activity. And while unfortunate for them, it's due to their own ignorance and oversight and they can get fucked if they want to blame it on someone else and make everyone else suffer. I'd rather the injury was fatal if they are going to be dickheads about it. You insure your car in case it gets hit and run, stolen or vandalized. Sure it's someone elses fault, but you wouldn't take that risk on a new car would you?

Insurance is so ass-backwards. Why should I have to take out millions in liability for the off chance I hit someone who feels they are worth millions? If you make a million a year for your sexy feet, then you should insure those feet if you're going to run around barefoot in a horse show and pay the premium out of the millions you make on them. I shouldn't have to take out insurance in case my horse happens to accidentally step on your foot. If you think you're worth that much, pay the premium and insure yourself, or get fucked and die if you're going to get upset and blame someone about it when you suffer the loss.

Kram, you're the man. Let's ride soon.

Twitter: Stephen_matthws
Instagram: stephen_matthews

Dec. 17, 2012, 5:54 p.m.

Kram, you're the man. Let's ride soon.

Lets do some math Kram. Lets say you blow a stop sign because you we're futzing with your car radio and you strike a pedestrian. That pedestrian gets brain damaged as a result of you hitting them. The pedestrian in say 26 years old and just received their licence to practice medicine, or called to the bar, or they have a Phd in engineering. So they will never work again and were about to make $100,000 per year. Times 39 equals? Now you know why you are obligated to carry liability insurance on your car.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Dec. 22, 2012, 12:09 a.m.

Insurance companies can and do sue to recoup their losses. So you crash on your bike, insurance covers you, insurance sues instead of you…