Help me get my mojo back!

Nov. 7, 2011, 8:33 a.m.

The SSC B-Team rehab facility has a great program in store for you this weekend. We will be offering a combo package of flowy trails and the 355ml arm curl strength and endurance sessions.This should help continue the process of re-mojoing..

BREAKIN HEARTS AND BREAKIN PARTS SINCE 76'

Nov. 7, 2011, 8:43 a.m.

I'd also say don't stress too much about it, there's no rush to go send it. Skills and confidence to gain momentum over time. To quote Field of Dreams - "Build it and they will come".

Each time (ok twice) I got pretty good on the bike and started doing cooler stuff I'd have to sit a YEAR out with a baby in the belly (it's Sarah here!). Riding around stuff you used to do sucks, but try to think of it as "ok soon, but not today". At least you are out on your bike having fun. It's frustrating to lose your skills, but they will come back. Patience and time, grasshopper!

Nov. 7, 2011, 10:05 a.m.

The SSC B-Team rehab facility has a great program in store for you this weekend. We will be offering a combo package of flowy trails and the 355ml arm curl strength and endurance sessions.This should help continue the process of re-mojoing..

This is the re-hab needed.

Laps of DNZ will get you back on the horse.

Nov. 7, 2011, 10:06 a.m.

Time in the saddle. Plain and simple. It was at least a year before I was back to the same level as pre-crash. And the little drop that did it - still haven't hit it again. Duff has observed that my riding is like the stock market. Steady climb until I get to a confidence bubble, then a crash and he tends to be the lucky one dragging the carcass out of the forest. He's been through two market cycles now :P

The thinking is way worse than anything for mojo. Once you stop thinking and go back to relying on instinct, the crash ratio tips back in the right direction.

Nov. 7, 2011, 3:18 p.m.

where do I sign up ??? hubby will need some training too after totalling his helmet (and my night light) this weekend landing on his noggin!

"only the good riders wipe out on the easy stuff" - Heathen

Nov. 7, 2011, 3:41 p.m.

I'll be participating in this rehab combo for my ankle (still!) but I'm thinking the arm curl sessions will be most beneficial for me :P

www.muddbunnies.com
www.nsmba.ca
www.bteamlovesyou.com

you can always make more money but you can never make more time.

I think it's called work for a reason. Or else they probably would have called it fun-time at the fun factory.

Nov. 7, 2011, 8:05 p.m.

Fizzled rep gun….

Thanks all. Most aspects are progressing the way I thought they would or even better. Just the launching aspect that is killing me. The Coastal B-Team remedy is sounding good. Maybe a good ole DNZ sesh will sort me out. Followed by some 12oz curls.

Once again, thanks to all for the advice.

Nov. 7, 2011, 10:48 p.m.

Fizzled rep gun….

Thanks all. Most aspects are progressing the way I thought they would or even better. Just the launching aspect that is killing me. The Coastal B-Team remedy is sounding good. Maybe a good ole DNZ sesh will sort me out. Followed by some 12oz curls.

Once again, thanks to all for the advice.

At the risk of sounding like a boring old fart. I started realising that I was getting scared off by jumps and not wanting to hit them any more, and I write it off as the "I'm getting too old for this shit" factor, and started looking for my thrills elsewhere, and the rides I'm doing now are so much more rewarding when I'm not fearing the trail.
Re-evaluate what riding means to you and do what you love.

Nov. 8, 2011, 10:45 a.m.

At the risk of sounding like a boring old fart. I started realising that I was getting scared off by jumps and not wanting to hit them any more, and I write it off as the "I'm getting too old for this shit" factor, and started looking for my thrills elsewhere, and the rides I'm doing now are so much more rewarding when I'm not fearing the trail.
Re-evaluate what riding means to you and do what you love.

This is definitely one option but don't feel that you have to give in to the "getting too old for this" excuse and change the way you love riding. I know lots of people who have had significant injuries later in life and yet still enjoyed getting back to "going big" post-injury. Whatever feels right for you will be the right answer.

And Biggles… you're not old (unless you're asking a 15 year old his opinion of your age!!)

Nov. 8, 2011, 12:14 p.m.

This is definitely one option but don't feel that you have to give in to the "getting too old for this" excuse and change the way you love riding. I know lots of people who have had significant injuries later in life and yet still enjoyed getting back to "going big" post-injury. Whatever feels right for you will be the right answer.

And Biggles… you're not old (unless you're asking a 15 year old his opinion of your age!!)

For me, I was riding fairly big stuff, and I was finding it just didn't give me the thrill or reward I was after, I would spend an hour hiking or riding up for 5-10 minutes of down, and that would be the ride. I needed more, that's why I mentioned the re-evaluation; I personally was happy to put that stage of my life behind me and move on, I still hit jumps and drops every now and then, but don't feel that I have to do them any more.

Nov. 9, 2011, 8:08 a.m.

Stan you could always just go out and buy some skinny jeans and a Cro-mag hat.

BREAKIN HEARTS AND BREAKIN PARTS SINCE 76'

Nov. 9, 2011, 8:20 a.m.

…Maybe a good ole DNZ sesh will sort me out. Followed by some 12oz curls.

are you kidding me? that recipe will solve all of lifes troubles .. if obama and netanyahoo were to rock the dnz jumps for the afternoon world peace might just break out!:rave: