Healing vibes Kperras!

Feb. 25, 2015, 8:45 p.m.

wow up to $12k already. Maybe some of that could go to Mark Matthews.

Had the same thoughts myself.

Cheers the the support from my biking, non biking and internet friends. It's very over whelming. Ive broken a few here so the recovery will take time but be giving up on my life's passion!

Thanks again.

Feb. 25, 2015, 9:43 p.m.

healing vibes bud

Feb. 25, 2015, 9:49 p.m.

wow - glad to hear this wasn't worse and it's nice see your in good spirts and maintaining a positive outlook.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Feb. 25, 2015, 11:48 p.m.

Heal up KP!

Feb. 26, 2015, 7:53 a.m.

Sorry to hear about your accident KPerras.. Healing vibes for you.. cheers.

Feb. 26, 2015, 9:03 a.m.

Wow. Just breaking a couple ribs is quite painful and makes breathing very difficult. You are one tough cookie.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 26, 2015, 1:16 p.m.

Had the same thoughts myself.

Cheers the the support from my biking, non biking and internet friends. It's very over whelming. Ive broken a few here so the recovery will take time but be giving up on my life's passion!

Thanks again.

my bad, I didn't read the full extent of the injuries. You might need all that cash after all. Donation made.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Feb. 28, 2015, 8:11 p.m.

Damn man, sounds like a real rough deal. I have had several decent fractures over my lifetime as well so I feel your pain.

A buddy of mine back in Sydney had a van pull out in front of his sports bike yesterday too, rough time to be riding 2 wheel transport eh

"right collar bone broken, broken shoulder blade, broken ribs on both sides, fractured arm and 5 fractured vertebrae"

March 1, 2015, 6:42 a.m.

Thanks for all the support guys.

I'm very thankful for the seemingly endless generousity and offers of support. It's amazing who came out for a visit or gave a donation. It really shows how tight knit the mtb community is.

Everyday I'm learning more about my injuries:

LH femur was fractured at the ball. A replacement was deemed too much so it has been pinned back together. MUCH less invasive than getting a rod and ball installed.

Both hip sockets have fractures. The only healing required here is to be non-weight bearing on my legs
until April 1. I start wheel chair physio this week and being younger and in shape, I might be able to expedite getting on crutches by 10 days.

I have multiple fractures on 9 out of 12 ribs on my RH side. This includes fractures at the spine, in the middle of my ribs and at my chest plate. Got 5 ribs plated with Ti plates and screws to decrease pain and allow me to improve my mobility. To get this done I had to get a huge incision along my back and have it peeled up to open the bones up for surgery. The surgeon said its not a common procedure and has only been around in Canada for a little over 3 years.

Lastly, both lungs collapsed and the RH one received several punctures from the broken ribs. I'll find out Monday or Tuesday if my lungs have healed enough to be able to get a 1/2" suction hose pulled out of my chest. Lots of nasty looking fluids have been coming out of that hose. Also means i can't shower until this happens.

March 1, 2015, 7:05 a.m.

Holy list of injuries:eek2:I'm surprised you can type. Heel up as quick as you can.

March 1, 2015, 7:53 a.m.

Thanks for all the support guys.

I'm very thankful for the seemingly endless generousity and offers of support. It's amazing who came out for a visit or gave a donation. It really shows how tight knit the mtb community is.

Everyday I'm learning more about my injuries:

LH femur was fractured at the ball. A replacement was deemed too much so it has been pinned back together. MUCH less invasive than getting a rod and ball installed.

Both hip sockets have fractures. The only healing required here is to be non-weight bearing on my legs
until April 1. I start wheel chair physio this week and being younger and in shape, I might be able to expedite getting on crutches by 10 days.

I have multiple fractures on 9 out of 12 ribs on my RH side. This includes fractures at the spine, in the middle of my ribs and at my chest plate. Got 5 ribs plated with Ti plates and screws to decrease pain and allow me to improve my mobility. To get this done I had to get a huge incision along my back and have it peeled up to open the bones up for surgery. The surgeon said its not a common procedure and has only been around in Canada for a little over 3 years.

Lastly, both lungs collapsed and the RH one received several punctures from the broken ribs. I'll find out Monday or Tuesday if my lungs have healed enough to be able to get a 1/2" suction hose pulled out of my chest. Lots of nasty looking fluids have been coming out of that hose. Also means i can't shower until this happens.

You must be really high on morphine!

My brother did 10 of 11 on the left. He felt fine in the hospital, but home sucked.

Take lots of time to rehab and heal up well.

March 1, 2015, 8:34 a.m.

Also means i can't shower until this happens.

sponge baths, hopefully with…

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

March 1, 2015, 8:53 a.m.

That’s seriously painful to read, but nice to see nothing spinal on that list. Good on you for being tough and focused. Heal up!

March 1, 2015, 9:27 a.m.

Holy crap what a list! Get well soon!

March 1, 2015, 7:36 p.m.

Heal up dude.

Shoot me a PM if you have any questions about hip injuries … I snapped my left femoral neck, had it pinned, and then had a total hip replacement (THR).

:canada: :england: