Grumpy Old Schoolers

July 15, 2014, 11:14 p.m.

has anyone actually ever experienced 'stravassholes'? I ride a shit ton, and almost never experience this.

July 15, 2014, 11:38 p.m.

has anyone actually ever experienced 'stravassholes'? I ride a shit ton, and almost never experience this.

I think they are like bears/roadies. I'm usually still asleep when they get up to their mischief. The pesky fuckers tried to braid a section of the Baden Powell on Fromme just after the lower Griffin climbing trail to avoid a "technical root feature". I can only assume it was stravassholes. Anyway, I dumped enough foliage and rocks there to show them the error of their ways.

July 16, 2014, 9:19 a.m.

Nope, I know a ton of people that use strava pretty much every ride, myself included and I don't know anyone that rides any different than they did pre-strava

stravassholes are just assholes with a new trendy name.

There's always been braiders, short cutters, easy-liners, hot shots and there's always been people that ride faster than you, people that don't want to stop and talk, people that get bitchy when you stop in the middle of the trail for a rest.

Now they all get lumped into one class

July 16, 2014, 10 a.m.

Nope, I know a ton of people that use strava pretty much every ride, myself included and I don't know anyone that rides any different than they did pre-strava

stravassholes are just assholes with a new trendy name.

There's always been braiders, short cutters, easy-liners, hot shots and there's always been people that ride faster than you, people that don't want to stop and talk, people that get bitchy when you stop in the middle of the trail for a rest.

Now they all get lumped into one class

totally, videos/satire/comments re. strava/enduro/etc generally only reflect what the haters want to perceive, not reality in any way.

July 16, 2014, 10:08 a.m.

totally, videos/satire/comments re. strava/enduro/etc generally only reflect what the haters want to perceive, not reality in any way.

That same comment applies to the Dumbing Down the Shore and Flow Trail epidemic.

July 16, 2014, 10:24 a.m.

They're the ones who post secret trails on their account. Pretty easy to find.

I've never seen them on the trails, i'm probably too fast for them to catch!

July 16, 2014, 12:07 p.m.

It may not be Strava. (Toonie preriding perhaps?), but there are some pretty impressive French Enduro lines developing on the upper 1/2 of Seventh Secret. There is a fun steep slow right-too left-too right that guys are basically going straight up and over, completely cutting over two switchbacks. Nice…

July 16, 2014, 12:34 p.m.

We'll shut that sucker down when 7th get used for a Toonie.

July 16, 2014, 12:45 p.m.

I just created an app called "Grava" for old school tech free fall measuring the lack of G force on the device to show just how "light" you are on the trail surface.

This to show that you can have old school tech free-fall-line trails with minimal of terrain disruption.

It also shows Impact Force indicating speed and height of your drop to really show your friends how BIG you actually went.

The In - App Purchase is the suspension compression/rebound sensor that measures the velocity of your high speed rebound and compression. This takes the guessing out of how many clicks.

Talk less, Say More.

July 16, 2014, 2:29 p.m.

French Enduro lines

lol… tabernac!

:canada:

July 16, 2014, 2:52 p.m.

It may not be Strava. (Toonie preriding perhaps?), but there are some pretty impressive French Enduro lines developing on the upper 1/2 of Seventh Secret. There is a fun steep slow right-too left-too right that guys are basically going straight up and over, completely cutting over two switchbacks. Nice…

They will be found and brought in shackles before the Council of the Elders of GnarTek …