Grouse Mountain Resorts introduces “Scenic Mountain Biking “

July 18, 2018, 12:43 p.m.

Posted by: mmm..bacon

Way back in the mists of time, a friend and I rode our dirt bikes from the top of Mtn Highway all the way up to the Cut...keeping that in mind, I had a thought to carry my MTB up to the top of the Grind, and then ride down into some of the Fromme trails.  

Anyone ever done that?  Is there still a connection?  Does/will Grouse frown upon that?  Do it anyway, and beg forgiveness if caught?

No problem at all. I run up there quite frequently and the maintenance staff are quite friendly (if I see anyone at all).

I'll ride all the way to the lodge for a beer on occasion....for the celebratory beer at the end of my version of the Triple Crown (yes....I would save Grouse for last, but go all the way to the top). 

None of the Grouse staff have ever had any issues with it. The only only one to complain seems to be a protective Grouse that likes to chase everyone it sees between the quarry and the trail to Fromme peak.

July 20, 2018, 9:21 a.m.

I went and rode the trail in the Grouse promo video 3 days ago. I'm recovering from a separated shoulder so a gravel grind up Grouse to poach an eBike trail seemed like a good idea.

The trail is.... not very good. Don't wanna hurt any builders feelings, but it just doesn't seem very well built and many corners don't flow well. The blue trail just switchbacks across the ski runs most of the way down. But it was obviously not completed, so might get better.

There appears to be 2 trails mostly finished. But I saw several other trails flagged and in some early stages of building. The what is probably a black trail being built, looks like it could be neat, some rocks on it.

Grouse employees buzzing around on carts didn't seem to care about me poking around. I tried to stop into the eBike rental shop to talk with them, but it was closed saying they were out on a tour. So I guess they only have 1 employee running it atm?

It may still be a neat experience for the average non-biker tourist visiting up there. But definitely not worth pedalling all the way up there to ride! Unless like me your just doing it for the fitness, or a silly triple crown.

Some photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/BrccFThBXsKkuNqs5