Group rides? Riding buddies...

Sept. 18, 2013, 10:09 p.m.

I spent August tripping around BC, sleeping in the back of the car, riding unreal trails, meeting some classically awesome Canadians and having a general ripper of a time.

In Revelstoke I met a bunch of locals who seemed to shuttle and pedal almost everyday and each week the locals would meet up and go for a rip; few beers, few doobies and bunch of laughs. I thought shit this is awesome, such a wicked group of people that were just down for a good time. Such an awesome little community of riders…

I'm slightly ashamed that I've been living in North Van / East Van for 3 years now and have never really sought after a similar sort of event on the shore, I typically just pedal solo or with a few mates. I've never actually heard of group rides leaving from a local bike shop or whatever, but I'm sure with such a large density of riders in Vancouver this kind of thing must exist…

I'm only in Canada for another 2 months, I don't have a sub (whatever is impressive) grind time, I'm not an awesome rider - nor a complete joey. I just like to get out have some fun and a laugh and finish with a few brews. If anyone knows of some group rides or if anyone wants to go for a shred after work or during the weekends fire a reply here.

Sometimes it's important to act like a tourist where you live

Sept. 18, 2013, 11:15 p.m.

I'm down. Sent you a PM.

Sept. 19, 2013, 8:13 a.m.

I've sent you one as well. Solo rides are fun but I'm finding I don't progress much

Sept. 20, 2013, 10:13 p.m.

Also down. Away at work right now but will get in touch with you peeps when I'm back in town.

Sept. 21, 2013, 1:31 a.m.

PM'd you about a group ride.