Good Sir Martin

Sept. 6, 2015, 10:01 p.m.

It seems that the Christmas Corners were widened. I heard a rumour that riders were complaining that it was too tight. Is there any truth to this?

Sept. 7, 2015, 7:40 a.m.

It seems that the Christmas Corners were widened. I heard a rumour that riders were complaining that it was too tight. Is there any truth to this?

There were no complaints that the corners were too tight (at least that I know of).

However, some riders who were unsuccessful at cleaning the corners were stepping off on the inside of the trail; this damage, if not repaired, would have eventually undermined the stability of the trail.

On two of the Christmas corners (and at several other locations on the trail where the edge was deteriorating), we have built rock retaining walls to help maintain the trail's integrity (and yes, in the case of the exit from the Christmas corners, the trail was widened to help minimize future damage). :) :fix:

Sept. 7, 2015, 9:28 a.m.

It still rides great and has the same feel and challenge. Keep up the great work!

DB@EB

Lessons, Rentals & Tours - since 2004

www.endlessbiking.com

Facebook Fan Page

Follow us on Twitter

Sept. 7, 2015, 9:40 a.m.

My first ride up GSM on Saturday. Brilliant work P[HTML_REMOVED]M! I love how there's a dual track of front and rear tires bedding in the surface.

Sept. 7, 2015, 10:16 a.m.

That makes sense - thanks for all the great trail work. The trail rides great.

Sept. 7, 2015, 5:54 p.m.

Its clearly full suspension 29ers… they are terrible for those tight corners. We need another wheel size.

Sept. 8, 2015, 8:57 a.m.

I ride a long travel 29er… it wasn't me. :D

Sept. 8, 2015, 12:41 p.m.

Shoot. I thought I was getting better (or the new bike was better) when I cleaned all those corners on Sunday.

Oh well.

Sept. 8, 2015, 2:08 p.m.

I was complaining (but only to myself, as I was cursing under my breath).

Sept. 10, 2015, 8:46 p.m.

So, I'm curious about rules pertaining to E DH rigs?

We actually passed one heading down GSM. Said he wanted to find the entrance, disrespectful to at least 3 signs i'm guessing. Massive bike, big helmet, big armour, Terminator vs forest.

And so really in question other than E bike personality 'type'… is it permitted? Or is it just going to be disrespectful to climb GSM E style? Is there more erosion than say, a pack of fit grinder rats, as commonly seen?

I'm sure this is debatable, and all you lazy loud mouth cunts from Ontario should just bugger off ok, we don't care.

Sept. 11, 2015, 6:40 a.m.

So, I'm curious about rules pertaining to E DH rigs?

We actually passed one heading down GSM. Said he wanted to find the entrance, disrespectful to at least 3 signs i'm guessing. Massive bike, big helmet, big armour, Terminator vs forest.

And so really in question other than E bike personality 'type'… is it permitted? Or is it just going to be disrespectful to climb GSM E style? Is there more erosion than say, a pack of fit grinder rats, as commonly seen?

Completely disrespectful, regardless of the type of bike. And yes it will cause more erosion , just like a 50 lb dh bike would. If the guy is that clueless, hes likely locking up the rear wheel too.

Normally Id see no problem with someone riding a motorized bike up/dowbn old buck even tho its not permitted, but obviously i was naive in hoping theyd stay off the singletracks. So fuck that guy and ill definitely give him an earful if i see him. I hope we can nip this trend in the bud before it becomes a problem.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Sept. 11, 2015, 7:18 a.m.

I'd even have a problem with a motorized bike on Old Buck. You want to ride your motorcycle, ride it on the road.

They're motorcycles. Let's dispense with the 'e bike' euphemism.

Sept. 11, 2015, 10:33 a.m.

Full face, armour and a DH bike to ride down GSM? What the eff. Clueless idiot that deserves a friendly talking to.

Sept. 11, 2015, 10:45 a.m.

I'm sure this is debatable, and all you lazy loud mouth cunts from Ontario should just bugger off ok, we don't care.

Riding an down a climbing trail is unacceptable, but your line above just goes to show how toxic the posting in this "community" has become.

Sept. 11, 2015, 11:32 a.m.

Riding an down a climbing trail is unacceptable, but your line above just goes to show how toxic the posting in this "community" has become.

I completly agree but just as it has been outlined before that if a "rule" is not enforced it is mearly just a suggestion.

Ya Grambo a "talking to" LOL, don't forget to wave your finger from side to side.:nono:

Your 0.02 opinion is worthless. Since Feb 2013, pennies have to be rounded down. Sorry.