Giant shrimp doubles on Bobsled

Aug. 6, 2018, 9:41 p.m.

Thank you trail builders! From the bottom of my heart, you are what makes this city great. 

But!

There are two or three sets of new double jump bumps (not sure what the technical term is...) on Bobsled that I just keep casing. There are few other jumps on Fromme and Seymour that seem to require god level speed. I can't get the first table top on lower espresso, and I have never come close to getting that giant table on Pingu. I have also given up on the doubles on Asian Adonis because trees. Clearly the trail builders are god level berm railers. 

I went looking for vids of riders getting the transitions, but couldn't see any. Anyone have some vids showing me how it's done? Is it all berm speed? Is my boost the worst?

Off to tighten up the spokes on my battered back rim.

Aug. 6, 2018, 11:19 p.m.

You have to ride like this......Sid rides, I cry

I think he might be an alien. Some Doubles are not for us all. Sad but true.

Aug. 7, 2018, 9:24 a.m.

Great vid! Seeing him eye up the jump on the hairpin... hmmm maybe that's what the transitions on Bobsled are for...

I figure trying to hit those transitions (even if I never get them) will make me a better rider. Even if it does cost me a back wheel.

Cheers

Aug. 7, 2018, 12:43 p.m.

yup, god level speed requires god level skill. I enjoy the fact that there are still sections way beyond my current reach on blue rides. Keeps the humility intact and the hunger clean!

BTW where do 'shrimp doubles' come from?

Last edited by: DanL on Aug. 7, 2018, 12:45 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
Aug. 7, 2018, 7:01 p.m.

It has been many many years since I’ve ridden Bobsled, but if you’re looking to learn how to rail berms and master jumping I’d be confident in saying a few days in the WBP would be akin to a years worth of riding the shore.

Popping off of small jumps is harder than the big ones.  There’s a pretty small pocket, relative to the size of the jump.

There was a jump that frustrated me on the middle of Aline.  I’d hit it at Mach speed and hardly clear the knuckle.  These days I can almost land in the berm behind it.  Speed + pop = heaven. But only if it’s all timed correctly.

Aug. 8, 2018, 11:42 a.m.

How's your bunny hopping skills? I've not seen these new doubles in bobsled but I'm familiar with the ones on Asian Adonis. Good timing and good bunny hopping skills greatly reduce your reliance on raw speed when it comes to small jumps like that.

Aug. 8, 2018, 1:26 p.m.

Not me (I can only clear some of these), but Pingu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkjGfDR17EQ and lower Expresso: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJGo9PPTavQ - I agree with ReductiMat, go to WBP and progressively brake check less before berms, you'll start to go faster and trust the grip. Took me years and I'm still not fully there.

Aug. 15, 2018, 10:48 p.m.

It's a crime to ride pangor and skip all the skinnies....just sayin...even if you are on the clock.

Oct. 4, 2018, 9:25 a.m.

Wow, great resolution and stabilization.