Getting the Guts

Jan. 17, 2003, 10:59 a.m.

Take your time … Like shane says walk it get used to it, but there is a time if your going to do it that you have to commit. When that time comes don't hesitate or be wishy washy about it or it will be ugly. If and when you decide to do it you relax, take a deep breath, visuallize what your going to do ( say some thing to yourself like my favorite " well the lord hates a coward " ) and just go for it. Remember until you start getting pretty high off the groung say 6' and up the likelyhood of getting hurt too bad is minimal. NOT non existant… but minimal. So even if you eat it you will probably bounce back up and laugh it off, and realize that it wasn't as bad as you thought.

Originally posted by Smoke
8 weeks in Whistler + greenhorn English boy = venereal disease + compound fractures + angry collection agency pursuing you around the world.

Jan. 17, 2003, 11:03 a.m.

^^^ Excellent advice.:thepimp:

Jan. 17, 2003, 11:11 a.m.

im no master at heights either dood. But i havent ever falling off a skinny (prolly cuz i dont ride them too often) so i keep running through my mind the best way to bail when its obvious you are gonna fall. Well, does anyone have any bailing advice when you know ur going down?

Jan. 17, 2003, 11:44 a.m.

Originally posted by Draco Rider
So y is shane the man then?

Strong is the force in this one.

Listen to Shane you will. Ride Curbs you must. Use the force you will. Let it flow through you.

Shane hitting big stuump. This should answer your question quite well.

Dec 2006 photo contest winner "Best Ass Shot"

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Jan. 17, 2003, 11:47 a.m.

Err, wow. :banana: :lol:
Bows

Ride curbs all the time i do but fear of heights stops me from riding ladders it does.

Originally posted by Count Blah
Count Blah chillin' in the bushes:thepimp:

Euuuurah Euuuuuuuughah! Eugh… FUCK! :lol:
I've sentenced myself to a life behind bars, great!

Jan. 17, 2003, 12:34 p.m.

Originally posted by DropKing
im no master at heights either dood. But i havent ever falling off a skinny (prolly cuz i dont ride them too often) so i keep running through my mind the best way to bail when its obvious you are gonna fall. Well, does anyone have any bailing advice when you know ur going down?

i ride clipless so for me it is sidehop/wheelie drop off the side of the log then as soon as you make contact with the ground. hit your brakes

:coo: biking for the Lord. :coo:

Jan. 17, 2003, 12:35 p.m.

I find that the way to get over the mind games is to accept that you have to ride the skinny. Its not about getting the idea of riding the ladder in your head, it's about not letting the idea of falling in.

This may not make too much sense, but just try not to allow yourself to hesitate, that's what makes you fall. That's the reason that it's easy to ride a parking divider no problem, but WAY harder to ride somthing that's twice as wide but twice as high.

iforonewelcome.com

Jan. 17, 2003, 1:29 p.m.

Originally posted by builttoride
yeah hesitation is a killer, if your going to go for it… GO FOR IT, don't hold back!:)

Bad Memories :( ;)

:scotland: El Presidente

Jan. 17, 2003, 1:57 p.m.

Maybe if you get up there, you'll be so scared of falling off that you'll try your hardest to stay on, and become the master of high skinny stunts! :thepimp:

shop smart, shop s-mart, mhm

Jan. 17, 2003, 2:06 p.m.

Originally posted by Broken Fusion!
Maybe if you get up there, you'll be so scared of falling off that you'll try your hardest to stay on, and become the master of high skinny stunts! :thepimp:

Indeed.

Anyone see Drop In Nelson. Those were skinny skinnys, that sweet drop to tranny theat Kinrade did.-MOTHER!

Originally posted by Count Blah
Count Blah chillin' in the bushes:thepimp:

Euuuurah Euuuuuuuughah! Eugh… FUCK! :lol:
I've sentenced myself to a life behind bars, great!

Jan. 17, 2003, 6:11 p.m.

Work your way up to it.

http://www.cyberetrothreads.com

ya fuck you windows. fuck you too door.