Future of slopestyle events

Jan. 1, 2007, 11:36 p.m.

Lots of areas for slopestyle to progress, I've been to crankworks for the last two and for me one area of improvement is presentation, maybe a couple more of the big gapotron screens pointing sideways off the Whistler course, and some more power into the the sound system, to get the whole hill rockin.

Jan. 1, 2007, 11:46 p.m.

Look at BMX and Skateboarding which have hosted many 1000s more events than us. They still manage ok.

What we have to avoid is a situation like redbull rampage. Where one of the best contests were phased out.

Jan. 3, 2007, 10:20 a.m.

we don't need the tricks to change at all imo. a good park architect like richey and boys always does their research on what is going on in the world of 2 wheels, and they work around it. all they need to do is keep up the good work. i think if we all sit and just think for a second, it was proven at this years crankworx when the big names went slightly down and other big names finished on top. the winnings are moving around. a good example here. Mccaul. did n e one else try multiple variations in the air?? pretty sure he was the only one. so there is plenty of room for progression, and the best way to enhance it is to bring all sorts of new styles to the course.

my 2 cents.

life is like the sickest trail you can ever think of. it keeps on going, over all the bumps and mud, through the beautiful breezy grass, past the stunning epic views and sailing in the air during the hangtime. and at the end we all roll on ok, ready for yet another trail. another day.

Jan. 3, 2007, 12:18 p.m.

global warming will take over and there will be no more skiing and snoboarding so everyone will ride mtb on the slopes and slopestyle events will take over the xgames, gravity games, and olympics. yeah.

all your mental armor drags me down

People will instinctively do more good if they know they will get credit for it.
Except for Hollywood Undead.

Jan. 3, 2007, 7:28 p.m.

i do agree that there is a ton of room for progression. But has mxing rly progressed that much?, I mean, some aspects of it have, but theres only so many things and so many times u can do a 180 off sumthing. sure its prgressed but to where?

I think you are confusing bmxing with mountain bike street riders.

Jamie