Fromme Wish List

Sept. 17, 2011, 1:24 p.m.

I'd like to see little biodegradable red frogs strewn about the trails.

Maybe even have a giant 5 foot metal toad at a trail head to remind us of them.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Sept. 17, 2011, 3:47 p.m.

If you are wanting some quick touch up request:

7th - 15 feet after where bookwus joins 7th there is a chossy section with a nasty bolder in the middle it is getting blown out on the lower side and just plain mean…

Kirkford - half way down there is a tree that has fallen sitting on half the trail, been there for a few months, just enough in the way to mess with the line…

Kirkford - closer to the bottom, east faceing ramp just before the optional log ride, there are a few cedar rungs lower on the ramp that are busted, seems new.

Many thanks!

Sept. 20, 2011, 12:48 p.m.

Exit of BP onto Mountain Hwy.

Make it climbable / blue. The BP is the main artery on Fromme. The exit even after the re-route does not match the rest of the BP.

There is also a section of the BP just east of the Stair's of Despare that had rock work done a number of years ago and the rock work does not match the natural line riders take, the rock work is a couple feet north. Riders come down into it off the rock work then need to come back onto the section for a corner and it's eroded the side of the rock work into a mess.

Sept. 24, 2011, 5:56 p.m.

For that section on BP where the natural line is running south of the paved rocks I figured out what's wrong. If you try to stay high, left, on the trail you get whapped by a tree branch which has grown out over the summer. The branch forces people low off the paved part of the trail if your moving quickly headed east. I don't carry pruning tools but trimming the branch back is way easier than re-paving the lower line on the trail.

Sept. 24, 2011, 7:32 p.m.

I rode that section today and agree trimming the branch will allow riders to stay on line. But the rock work that was done previously is messed up now so it does need to be fixed.

Sept. 24, 2011, 7:38 p.m.

If you are wanting some quick touch up request:

7th - 15 feet after where bookwus joins 7th there is a chossy section with a nasty bolder in the middle it is getting blown out on the lower side and just plain mean…

Kirkford - half way down there is a tree that has fallen sitting on half the trail, been there for a few months, just enough in the way to mess with the line…

Kirkford - closer to the bottom, east faceing ramp just before the optional log ride, there are a few cedar rungs lower on the ramp that are busted, seems new.

Many thanks!

^ There's a trail day on 7th Secret Oct 16, maybe that issue will be addressed

Sept. 25, 2011, 8:55 p.m.

I'd vote for some work being done on Espresso and lower Griffin.

Sept. 28, 2011, 8:24 p.m.

Digger will soon be working on Lower Ladies with funds provided by MEC. As well as Lower Skull.

Thanks MEC!

Sept. 28, 2011, 10:45 p.m.

Digger will soon be working on Lower Ladies with funds provided by MEC. As well as Lower Skull.

Thanks MEC!

Excellent news! Cam, how can I get in touch with Digger and chip in on this Lower Ladies work?

Sept. 29, 2011, 8:10 p.m.

I don't have time to read this whole thread…has anyone suggested bringing 38DD back to life in some form? It could be a great tie into Bobsled.

Sept. 30, 2011, 9:14 a.m.

Project Complete. 170 feet of bridge have been replaced on 7th Secret. The NSMBA will be looking through this wish list for our next project on Fromme.
http://nsmba.ca/content/2011-09_bridge-work-complete-7th-secret

web: nsmba.ca
email: [email protected]

Trails for all, trails forever.

Sept. 30, 2011, 12:27 p.m.

Project Complete. 170 feet of bridge have been replaced on 7th Secret. The NSMBA will be looking through this wish list for our next project on Fromme.
http://nsmba.ca/content/2011-09_bridge-work-complete-7th-secret

I know what I'm riding tomorrow! Thank you!!

Oct. 1, 2011, 9:57 p.m.

I don't have time to read this whole thread…has anyone suggested bringing 38DD back to life in some form? It could be a great tie into Bobsled.

This! I checked it out today to ponder the viability of the trail being reinstated as a Bobsled-ish trail, and I think it'd be awesome. Would offer an in-between from Bobsled to Ladies (both in skill level, and in elevation commitment).

Oct. 2, 2011, 7:01 p.m.

Thanks MEC!

^ Good to hear, both of those trails could use some work

Oct. 2, 2011, 7:39 p.m.

From the Stairs of Despare this would be the first point that you gain elevation. It's a left hand sweeper that goes up a bit.

Walking along the BP it's got to be pretty easy to see the once nice rock work not has it's south side falling apart.