Fromme Wish List

Sept. 13, 2011, 10:53 p.m.

I agree with a beginner route out of King of the Shore. Coaching camps all summer with kids that loved KOTS but had to walk most of Lower Griffin kinda killed the stoke at the end of an awesome day. As much as I don't want Fromme to be dumbed down, its great to see trails on the lower mountain that are ridable for everyone, it really gets people excited to ride. Keep the upper trails hard but give beginners the chance to get some confidence down on the lower mountain. Thanks for all the hard work on bobsled this summer!

Sept. 14, 2011, 7:13 a.m.

Id like to see some of the old lines revamped. I think some one mentioned turning Jerry Rig into a flow trail, it would be nice to see these older lines kept on the map

walk in the clouds to circus redux!

Sept. 14, 2011, 7:26 a.m.

More visible signage and not just at trailheads. Trail markers a la Baden powell on a few of the less traveled trails might even save a few lives.

Sept. 14, 2011, 7:53 a.m.

Agreed on a better exit on lower griffin, but maybe an alternative route to the one at the moment. I know many a rider that likes the current route as a challenge to hone their skills on.

Sept. 14, 2011, 9 a.m.

More visible signage and not just at trailheads. Trail markers a la Baden powell on a few of the less traveled trails might even save a few lives.

and how many have we lost so far?

Sept. 14, 2011, 10:15 a.m.

You mean this summer? Or all time

Sept. 14, 2011, 12:16 p.m.

if they're lost how would you know?

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Sept. 14, 2011, 12:34 p.m.

XCish climb ala Nimby

I second that.

I (what ever the last number was + 1) that too!

Sept. 15, 2011, 8:20 p.m.

How about a minor fix at the end of Baden Powell as you hit Mtn Hwy so it doesn't feel like you've just ended a great ride by getting unceromoniously dumped into a ditch. The way the old trail onto Mountain Highway got decommissioned with no comparable replacement seems a bit lame.

Sept. 16, 2011, 12:01 a.m.

I think we need to remember that these are trails in the woods, people! Too much signage, and we turn the whole thing into some amusement park or overly-sanctioned municipal service. All the new official signage is more than sufficient, if not overkill. Maps, guidebooks, GPS, a sign every 10 feet, lets paint bright yellow lines down the middle of the trails too.

Don't some of you ride in order to get outdoors and experience a little nature, and an absence of development and other people? Aren't some of you be a little independent, investigative, curious, adventurous? Jesus, if you get into trouble on the 'shore, just go downhill and you'll be in someones backyard in less than an hour, it ain't that difficult.

Sometimes I really despair the level of development and control being applied to the 'shore. Probably, in balance, it is positive, but we need to draw the line at some point to preserve some of the benefits of it being pseudo-wilderness.

Sept. 16, 2011, 7:43 a.m.

I think we need to remember that these are trails in the woods, people! Too much signage, and we turn the whole thing into some amusement park or overly-sanctioned municipal service. All the new official signage is more than sufficient, if not overkill. Maps, guidebooks, GPS, a sign every 10 feet, lets paint bright yellow lines down the middle of the trails too.

Don't some of you ride in order to get outdoors and experience a little nature, and an absence of development and other people? Aren't some of you be a little independent, investigative, curious, adventurous? Jesus, if you get into trouble on the 'shore, just go downhill and you'll be in someones backyard in less than an hour, it ain't that difficult.

Sometimes I really despair the level of development and control being applied to the 'shore. Probably, in balance, it is positive, but we need to draw the line at some point to preserve some of the benefits of it being pseudo-wilderness.

here! here! preserve the delicate sub-alpine of the north shore! (SRSLY)

Sept. 16, 2011, 12:04 p.m.

here! here! preserve the delicate sub-alpine of the north shore! (SRSLY)

You guys need to get out more…

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Sept. 16, 2011, 1:05 p.m.

Too much signage, and we turn the whole thing into some amusement park or overly-sanctioned municipal service. All the new official signage is more than sufficient, if not overkill. Maps, guidebooks, GPS, a sign every 10 feet, lets paint bright yellow lines down the middle of the trails too.

You guys need to get out more…

I hate it when I run into GPS on the tail. Like walking through a spider web. GPS everywhere!

Yeah, signs every 10 feet would be stupid. Signs at every intersection would be smart. That little DW sign is perfect. Out of the way, visible. Unobtrusive. All the info you need. With enough of them, Sharon and Wade's book would be way more effective.

Sept. 16, 2011, 1:19 p.m.

I would love to see the lower ladies roller coaster fixed up. I think most of the old bridge could be used as the supports are the real issue.

Also on lower ladies, the last two steep corners (after the second wooden bridge/corner) could use some shaping with additional rock work to make this section flow since it is currently two 90 degree corners requiring some trials style hopping.

If the NSMBA decides to do lower ladies work, I certainly will chip in!

Sept. 16, 2011, 7:57 p.m.

^ Talk to Digger about that