Fromme Wish List

Sept. 12, 2011, 1:36 p.m.

In a perfect world I'd like a Bobsled equivalent all the way from up high to down low. And I mean way more buffed than the new Executioner. Me big cry baby and don't like all them roots 'n rocks 'n problems.

Sept. 12, 2011, 2:16 p.m.

Squamish half nelson 30 min drive away……

In a perfect world I'd like a Bobsled equivalent all the way from up high to down low. And I mean way more buffed than the new Executioner. Me big cry baby and don't like all them roots 'n rocks 'n problems.

Sept. 12, 2011, 4:12 p.m.

How about a full blown, faster, flowier, DH trail from the 7th switchback that links up with a nice relaxing rip out on Bobsled or Floppy Bunny? It would be good training for the DH diehards that would have to earn their turns and keep the traffic to a reasonable level and it would be just plain fun for the rest of us mere mortals.

Sept. 12, 2011, 4:31 p.m.

I am very familiar with the different routes that exists by linking up old skidders and singletrack.

Of that 80-90% that is rideable some of it is hefty grunt in granny gear.

It's not a sanctioned trail thus there is no permit to go in and work towards making it 100% climbable.

I'd like to see it recognized and worked on.

It's all a grunt imo…I hear ya and agree it would be pretty good since I hate the access road…but if you think about it how could you make a single/double track climb up to 6 w/o it being a grunt. If it isn't a grunt then it would have to pretty much parrallel the access road or there'll need to be tons of switchbacks…then the problem will eventually become how do you stop people riding down it and turning it into a rut or braiding the shit out of it…perhaps leveraging peugeot and building some switchbacks that take out the major grunty section would work…I'd vote for that…

Sept. 12, 2011, 5:07 p.m.

It's all a grunt imo…I hear ya and agree it would be pretty good since I hate the access road…but if you think about it how could you make a single/double track climb up to 6 w/o it being a grunt. If it isn't a grunt then it would have to pretty much parrallel the access road or there'll need to be tons of switchbacks…then the problem will eventually become how do you stop people riding down it and turning it into a rut or braiding the shit out of it…perhaps leveraging peugeot and building some switchbacks that take out the major grunty section would work…I'd vote for that…

come to Pemby and ride Happy trail and Big Nimby and you will see a trail no one really wants to ride down, sections between switchbacks are both up and downhill so its not all DH if you turn around, if built right, and the community is respectful and know it as a uphill only route, it will stay that way….

mtbskierdad

Sept. 12, 2011, 5:09 p.m.

An easier exit for kids after King of the Shore. Lower Griffen is supposed to be but it's pretty rooty and tech for the little ones, especially after flowing the smooth goodness of KOTS.

A longer, more advanced version of Bobsled, farther up mountain. Maybe on the Jerry-Rig line as Jerry suggests.

Espresso needs some love. A great line that just isn't enjoyed like it can be these days.

Cleaning up the roll-in/drop at top of Floppy Bunny. We used to be able to teach people to roll down this, now it's air and/or bust which is a bit much so low on the mountain.

Lower Griffen switchbacks could use some love. Lots of riders have more trouble with this than you think, they think it is easy way out… fine for experienced locals but for guests of mountain, it is pretty tough.

A climbing trail to 6th. Not the road, not the old skidder road/trail climbs, try Whistler style climbing ala Piece of Cake.

Keep loving Dreamweaver, it's a good line, with good bang for buck.

Not really NSMBA but… more consistent Yellow Gate opening/closures. Some days we are there to meet kids at 4pm at Water Towers and gate is locked already, so kids get dropped off in tight area at top of Mountain Highway, which just looks bad on all of us. Adults too. Some weekends in spring/fall, it doesn't even open even though hours are posted.

I hope the feedback helps. Thanks for opening up for it. Keep up the great work!

DB@EB

Lessons, Rentals & Tours - since 2004

www.endlessbiking.com

Facebook Fan Page

Follow us on Twitter

Sept. 12, 2011, 5:13 p.m.

That no more of the trails are turned into slot car tracks like bob sled ,lets keep fromme from becoming another Whistler style race track!

The raw, primitive, unrefined trails that see little to no maintenance are the kinds of trails that really build skill. What kind of skills do you learn riding a trail that was made by a machine, groomed to perfection and void of any rocks, roots or other obstacles that could send you careening over the handlebars?

Sept. 12, 2011, 5:31 p.m.

^ What DB said.

Sept. 12, 2011, 7:11 p.m.

1. Bring back Air Supply
2. Get Digger to redo Expresso
3. Hurry up and finish "rehabilitating" Pink Starfish, it's been closed for almost 2 years now!

Sept. 12, 2011, 7:21 p.m.

That no more of the trails are turned into slot car tracks like bob sled ,lets keep fromme from becoming another Whistler style race track!

Your missing the point, Bobsled is a fantastic BEGINER RUN. There are not alot of easier runs on the shore and my son (eight) loves it. If it is to easy for you keep climbing.

\RANT

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

Sept. 12, 2011, 7:36 p.m.

1. Bring back Air Supply
2. Get Digger to redo Expresso
3. Hurry up and finish "rehabilitating" Pink Starfish, it's been closed for almost 2 years now!

This. A Parking lot near the water tower would be fucking amazing too but I think that's a bit of stretch…

nobody is this dumb.

Sept. 12, 2011, 8:08 p.m.

Climbing route that starts at the exit of Boundary and runs up to the 6th switchback.

Another vote for this, though I'd prefer the start further west, say at the Mosquito Creek/BP intersection area:agree:

Sept. 12, 2011, 8:55 p.m.

Floppy top section wont be done until winter is here, i understand you run your camps down floppy quite a bit but its still a black trail even though its low. As far as wish list goes I really think that Espresso needs to be worked on i understand thats a few parts have been fixed but it needs severe loving in spots. The gate this has really bugged me I park on the gravel when im working on Floppy and numerous times ive gone out twenty to four and its allready closed ive had to wait for someone to come let me out which is just a piss off.

An easier exit for kids after King of the Shore. Lower Griffen is supposed to be but it's pretty rooty and tech for the little ones, especially after flowing the smooth goodness of KOTS.

A longer, more advanced version of Bobsled, farther up mountain. Maybe on the Jerry-Rig line as Jerry suggests.

Espresso needs some love. A great line that just isn't enjoyed like it can be these days.

Cleaning up the roll-in/drop at top of Floppy Bunny. We used to be able to teach people to roll down this, now it's air and/or bust which is a bit much so low on the mountain.

Lower Griffen switchbacks could use some love. Lots of riders have more trouble with this than you think, they think it is easy way out… fine for experienced locals but for guests of mountain, it is pretty tough.

A climbing trail to 6th. Not the road, not the old skidder road/trail climbs, try Whistler style climbing ala Piece of Cake.

Keep loving Dreamweaver, it's a good line, with good bang for buck.

Not really NSMBA but… more consistent Yellow Gate opening/closures. Some days we are there to meet kids at 4pm at Water Towers and gate is locked already, so kids get dropped off in tight area at top of Mountain Highway, which just looks bad on all of us. Adults too. Some weekends in spring/fall, it doesn't even open even though hours are posted.

I hope the feedback helps. Thanks for opening up for it. Keep up the great work!

DB@EB

Sept. 12, 2011, 9:30 p.m.

I would love to see Espresso get some love. In fact, I would love to help give Espresso some love (including rebuilding the broken stunts)

Sept. 12, 2011, 9:30 p.m.

pink starfish finished, grannies needs some love too, and pipeline could also do with some work.

fuck lmm

I like how he casually dropped the "I'm famous" bomb.
LMM, if I ever see you at Whistler, make sure Schne is close by to take a picture of me punching you in the balls.

i dont post anymore unless its a lmm thread
such a tool

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasonfrodomacfarlane/sets/