Fromme today... some bitching and other stuff

Aug. 14, 2006, 4:05 p.m.

i know - ride more, bitch less. but i have a couple rants:

a) who the f*ck was that asshole on the blue ATV screaming up and down the access road? real cool gunning the throttle as you past me climbing and kicking rocks up in my face. plus your exhaust chokes riders and the noise is stupidly annoying :mad: what are the rules on riding those things up there? i think the dude was also parked at the upper gate by the two portashitters.

b) PLEASE PACK OUT WHAT YOU TAKE IN!!! i carried out a lot of garbage from the trailheads of 7th, UOC, ladies and pipeline - almost filled my pack.

all in all it was a nice day for a ride though. saw a lot of peeps up there, mostly younger dudes. was any of you the young fellers who asked me about crippler when i saw you at the 3rd switch on my second time up? i was the guy on the silver AC-1. also, LOL to the guy on the gold bike who asked me if i had an "extra" doobie :lol: there is no such thing as an extra doobie, and plus i was riding clean today so what gave you the idea that i would have one anyways? too funny.

sharon - thought you were riding at 11:00 so i was looking for you. i was running late and got to the gate around 11:15 and hauled ass up to 7th but only met another couple on rockies.

ps: i think i almost died on lower ladies :S holy crap some of those steep sections are eroding away - probably could have used another 2 or 3 inches of travel too.

Aug. 14, 2006, 4:07 p.m.

rest day, had to get my espresso machine fixed…

Wednesday?

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Aug. 14, 2006, 4:09 p.m.

lol your espresso machine? that's what starbucks is for :D

wednesday might work. tomorrow is my rest day. if i don't have to go into the office on wednesday i'd like to ride. i'll know tomorrow. i need some humbling on the climb and i know you'll burn my ass up, and probably down too.

Aug. 14, 2006, 4:49 p.m.

Sorry my new ATV bothered you so much. But dude this thing is so GNAR!!

Aug. 14, 2006, 5:19 p.m.

i know - ride more, bitch less. but i have a couple rants:

a) who the f*ck was that asshole on the blue ATV screaming up and down the access road? real cool gunning the throttle as you past me climbing and kicking rocks up in my face. plus your exhaust chokes riders and the noise is stupidly annoying :mad: what are the rules on riding those things up there? i think the dude was also parked at the upper gate by the two portashitters.

At the end of the last trail day on neds, I had to chase some dirt bikers off of the baden powell. They got all the necessary information, especially when they almost ran over some little kid on a bike when they peeled out onto hyanis dr.

Their excuse was that they got lost, so maybe the ATV'er was lost as well.

Aug. 14, 2006, 5:30 p.m.

At the end of the last trail day on neds, I had to chase some dirt bikers off of the baden powell. They got all the necessary information, especially when they almost ran over some little kid on a bike when they peeled out onto hyanis dr.

Their excuse was that they got lost, so maybe the ATV'er was lost as well.

believe me, he wasn't lost. he was ripping up and down the access road most of the morning.

Aug. 14, 2006, 5:46 p.m.

believe me, he wasn't lost. he was ripping up and down the access road most of the morning.

I was being sarcastic. These dirt bikers weren't lost either. Just losers ripping up a hiking trail.

Aug. 14, 2006, 5:51 p.m.

I was being sarcastic. These dirt bikers weren't lost either. Just losers ripping up a hiking trail.

yea i wasn't sure about the e-sarc :D

what are the rules/laws about ATV/dirtbikes on the shore?

Aug. 14, 2006, 7:05 p.m.

Probably not allowed within city limits, like here and most places.

I don't have a problem with people going up and down the access road as long as they're being cautious and respectable around others. If they're riding like that, there's no harm being done. Riding MTB/hiking trails is a no-no for sure, unless you're out in the middle of absolutely nowhere (but that's not likely in the lower mainland) and its rare to run into any other users.

I love Kamloops.

Aug. 14, 2006, 7:19 p.m.

you should of let the parks n rec know so they can keep an eye out for this guy

JDM POWER!

Aug. 14, 2006, 7:47 p.m.

Probably not allowed within city limits, like here and most places.

I don't have a problem with people going up and down the access road as long as they're being cautious and respectable around others. If they're riding like that, there's no harm being done. Riding MTB/hiking trails is a no-no for sure, unless you're out in the middle of absolutely nowhere (but that's not likely in the lower mainland) and its rare to run into any other users.

I love Kamloops.

this guy wasn't being respectful and cautious at all. in fact, a number of riders i talked to up there complained about him.

Aug. 14, 2006, 8:16 p.m.

what are the rules/laws about ATV/dirtbikes on the shore?

shoot to kill…or at least maim. :D

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

Aug. 14, 2006, 9:13 p.m.

Funny…..I ran into all the same guys today.Mr ATV was tearing up Griffin a bit where he could, pulling wheelies sans helmet, and generally just being a dumb redneck. I was too slow to huck rocks at him (rednecks enjoy and understand this gesture, it's OK).

37 YEARS ON THE BIKE :: 1981-2018

Aug. 14, 2006, 9:24 p.m.

you should of let the parks n rec know so they can keep an eye out for this guy

Chief Bylaw Officer - Carol Walker 604-990-2272 [email protected]
Bylaw Enforcement Supervisor - Janice Thomson 604-990-7470 [email protected]

http://www.dnv.org/article.asp?c=170[HTML_REMOVED]a=608

I didn't see it, so won't report it - I hope anyone that saw him does file a report.

Aug. 14, 2006, 9:34 p.m.

Its all good, they were just fogging the bugs and scaring the wildlife away for you… next time thank them and give em a high five….