Fromme today

April 25, 2010, 4:30 p.m.

A friend of mine was riding up Fromme, on his 29er single speed, and apparrently a few arrogant A-holes were telling him his bike was not designed for the Shore, while they were PUSHING their bikes up. This guy rides the SHore all the time on his 29er, actually he races in the SS worldcup or whatever it is. HE can ride most trails on his SS on the Shore. It's too bad the clowns pushing their bikes up ,couldn't keep up to a guy on a SS clipped in climbing and descending seventh. He and his wife have done BBY mountain and Fromme, and Seymour in one Saturday.
NEver judge a rider by what he rides.

April 25, 2010, 4:38 p.m.

A friend of mine was riding up Fromme, on his 29er single speed, and apparrently a few arrogant A-holes were telling him his bike was not designed for the Shore, while they were PUSHING their bikes up. This guy rides the SHore all the time on his 29er, actually he races in the SS worldcup or whatever it is. HE can ride most trails on his SS on the Shore. It's too bad the clowns pushing their bikes up ,couldn't keep up to a guy on a SS clipped in climbing and descending seventh. He and his wife have done BBY mountain and Fromme, and Seymour in one Saturday.

Weird.

That makes three people, that I know of, that road Fromme today on XC singlespeeds.

-D

Mean People SUCK! Nice People SHOVEL!

Trails For All; Trails For Weather

April 25, 2010, 4:48 p.m.

Weird.

That makes three people, that I know of, that road Fromme today on XC singlespeeds.

-D

he rides there all the time. Lives in NV so yeah its his backyard pretty much.

April 25, 2010, 5:07 p.m.

Weird.

-D

i know at least one of them was a weirdo then…

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

April 25, 2010, 5:17 p.m.

i know at least one of them was a wierdo then…

ouch…

and you spelled 'weirdo' incorrectly. you ride today?

"It's, like, so much fun."

April 25, 2010, 5:30 p.m.

It is funny riding Fromme on an XC HT and passing guys on the way down who are all geared up on DH rigs. I have never gotten attitude but I guess my bikes are geared…

April 25, 2010, 5:33 p.m.

ouch…

and you spelled 'weirdo' incorrectly. you ride today?

no, trying to keep my calves from cramping..

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

April 25, 2010, 5:58 p.m.

too bad, woodlot was awesome today, except for the douche and his mulletard buddy trying to drive his jeep down from dogshit hill.

as for the OP, i ride an xc bike all of the time and i laugh at mutts on DH bikes who question my ride or its suitability for local trails. when i tell them i'm doing two laps of whatever they're riding in the same time it takes them to push up the hill, they usually shut up. or i tell them they're pussies for riding in stormtrooper gear.

what i'm saying here is that smack talk can go both ways and if someone's going to dish it out, they better be able to take it back.

"It's, like, so much fun."

April 25, 2010, 6:54 p.m.

Eat more bananas…seriously. I used to get cramps a lot too, I eat at least one banana in the morning blended with milk, and drink it.That has been my breakfast for years now, and I get a cramp maybe once or twice a year.

April 25, 2010, 6:58 p.m.

Eat more bananas…seriously. I used to get cramps a lot too, I eat at least one banana in the morning blended with milk, and drink it.That has been my breakfast for years now, and I get a cramp maybe once or twice a year.

Vitamin C has an effect on cramping as well.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

April 25, 2010, 7 p.m.

Nothing new there. Every sport has people who slag what others use because it doesn't fit their view of what is acceptable.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

April 25, 2010, 7:07 p.m.

I'd say this is typical. :lol: I bet the same kind blames their bikes when the stunt is a bit too gnarly for their liking. I say let them be, who cares?

April 25, 2010, 7:21 p.m.

I'd say this is typical. :lol: I bet the same kind blames their bikes when the stunt is a bit too gnarly for their liking. I say let them be, who cares?

yeah that's the thing. He does 3 or 4 loops on Fromme with a 34/18 gearing, climbing all of it and descending. He doesn't ride the big drops, but he's rolls anything less than 5 feet.
The guy is a fuckin cardio monster to climbthat thing with a SS 3 or 4 times in a ride on average.

April 25, 2010, 7:25 p.m.

As long as you're having fun, who cares what you're riding?

Thread killer

April 25, 2010, 7:35 p.m.

As long as you're having fun, who cares what you're riding?

According to those guys, riding anything under 6 and 6 is not Shore approved.:rolleyes: He rides 3 and 0 and still managed to get up and down and part way back up before they made it to the bottom.