Fromme ride or walk?

May 10, 2010, 3:34 p.m.

[QUOTE=heckler's better 1/2;2365847]I once had a comment made to me when I was pushing my bike up Fromme. When I politely informed the big mouth that I had just pedalled from the Cap College (Superstore) they shut the f*[HTML_REMOVED]K up. Some of those riding Fromme don't just drive to Mtn Hwy and climb up. Everyone is in a different situation and to judge anyone who is pushing seems very shortsighted.

How someone could make a comment to someone they don't know is beyond me.
I just couldn't see myself thinking…"this guys a pussy for not pedaling" and then
saying, "hey buddy, you're a pussy for not pedaling". Now, if it's someone I know and
I'm screwing with them, yeah, that's cool. On the internets, that's ok too, because
IRL, who cares?

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

May 10, 2010, 4:29 p.m.

I'm all ride all the time and I do try my best to be non-judgmental about those who walk their way up but last week I did happen to witness the most bizarre behavior.

Between the 3rd and 4th switchbacks I was rapidly catching up to a couple of guys walking up with their DH rigs when they turned into the Wardens Trail that cuts off towards the 5th. I hate to say, to my amazement they both started riding with determination up a section of trail that I have for years personally referred to as the anaerobic uphill. They didn't make it very far but I couldn't help but remark to them about the irony of walking the road but having a go at a seriously awkward and punchy little climb.

May 10, 2010, 4:34 p.m.

I want to get a shirt that says "Hello. I am here to judge you." And just hang out up there staring at the passers-by.

Wrong. Always.

May 10, 2010, 4:35 p.m.

Between the 3rd and 4th switchbacks I was rapidly catching up to a couple of guys walking up with their DH rigs when they turned into the Wardens Trail that cuts off towards the 5th. I hate to say, to my amazement they both started riding with determination up a section of trail that I have for years personally referred to as the anaerobic uphill. They didn't make it very far but I couldn't help but remark to them about the irony of walking the road but having a go at a seriously awkward and punchy little climb.

slogging up a logging road is boring as hell. a challenging little uphill can be fun and breaks the monotony of the light bike geeks passing you on the gravel. and that is a shorter distance with more effort required to push up - see it's not all about being lazy.

May 10, 2010, 6:25 p.m.

No one should be judged on how fast they ride or walk up.

Agreed.

May 10, 2010, 9:37 p.m.

that's actually a pretty fun little switchback trail, and it cuts off the monotony. maybe give it a shot next time ;)

May 10, 2010, 9:51 p.m.

So..ya ready to do Punisher again?

trying to put something together…..stand by….PM's to follow…

Loud Hubs Save Lives

May 10, 2010, 10:09 p.m.

this thread reminds me of the 29'r up fromme thread. Who cares what you're riding or how you're getting up the hill. Go out and have fun. If you wanna push, then push. It's still a hell of a lot better then sitting watching tv all day.

No one should be judged on how fast they ride or walk up.

:clap:

May 10, 2010, 10:23 p.m.

How someone could make a comment to someone they don't know is beyond me.
I just couldn't see myself thinking…"this guys a pussy for not pedaling" and then
saying, "hey buddy, you're a pussy for not pedaling". Now, if it's someone I know and
I'm screwing with them, yeah, that's cool. On the internets, that's ok too, because
IRL, who cares?

Its funny that you say that… Once on seymour, me and my friend just hiked up across the road from the mushroom parking lot to trailhead of incline/corkscrew, we get to the top, to have a guy in his looking aorund his 40's say "You kidding me, you fcking hiked that? You have fcking bikes, why not use the god damn things, that's what they are for" (My friends on a revolt with 40's and an rc4, hes not about to ride up any amount of hill) and I just stood there in disbelief that this guy would say that to us and be vulgar saying that too, Im 17, friends 16 and this guys probably around 40, it was bizarre and disappointing to experience.

For topic:I wish I could ride up fromme, I can ride my bike on and off for sections, but just cannot do it for most of it. One day I hope to be able to!

flickr

May 11, 2010, 12:28 a.m.

Maybe there should be a stand where they pass out hero cookies to everyone who pedals up? That would give some incentive to guys like me who normally couldn't care less if people pass me while I'm pushing up the hill.

"Dont be fooled Timmy, if the cow had a chance he'd kill you and everyone you love."

May 11, 2010, 9:17 a.m.

Fucking pedal it. Even if you rode there form the ferry terminal.

HTFU.

viperfunk.com

May 11, 2010, 9:18 a.m.

There are a lot of judgmental people in the World - and apparently some of them ride mountain bikes. They suck.

May 11, 2010, 9:18 a.m.

Just the thought of sitting on my bike seat and pedaling for that long inflames my hemorrhoids!

"Dont be fooled Timmy, if the cow had a chance he'd kill you and everyone you love."

May 11, 2010, 9:28 a.m.

Just the thought of sitting on my bike seat and pedaling for that long inflames my hemorrhoids!

Stand up and pedal?

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

May 11, 2010, 9:41 a.m.

first it's…hey, it's good to get out, no matter how little you do just try and get out there

once you're out, hey gheyboy you'd better pedal up that hill…and watch or next time we'll lay into your bike too