Fromme parking open house

May 21, 2014, 8 a.m.

The nakedness and peeing in bushes were a few isolated instances years ago,no?

Lady that was talking down to me was adamant that it was an ongoing current day occurrence. Now, I'm not sure how much of her commentary was affected by the fact that she was irate, and much was fact.

"I know that heroes ride bicycles" - Joe Biden

May 21, 2014, 8:30 a.m.

No. It's gotten worse and worse. I see it all the time from mountain bikers when riding up. If I were a resident I'd be annoyed too

Guess I can't blame them then. Back then I thought an isolated incedent or two was being overblown. Keep it classy,thrillseekers!

Pastor of Muppets

May 21, 2014, 9:21 a.m.

I didn't attend, but it sounds like the lot is a good idea. If a steady stream of bro-tards were pissing in my yard and streaking around like inconsiderate fucks, I'd be pissed too.

Abuse privilege and it gets taken away. Some folks are still oblivious to this.

Those people are assholes.

May 21, 2014, 10:59 a.m.

Lady that was talking down to me was adamant that it was an ongoing current day occurrence. Now, I'm not sure how much of her commentary was affected by the fact that she was irate, and much was fact.

I have lived right there off Coleman for ~ 20 years and have been mtb'ing all that time and more. I can tell you that Coleman @ Mountain (which is a busy thoroughfare for locals) is a complete cluster-fuck on weekends. And it's worse than ever. I'm dumbfounded as to why riders think it's OK to leave their truck doors open into the street while they unload bikes and gear which then get piled in the street. Upturned bikes getting worked on in the street. And then they give you attitude when you stop and politely ask them to move their crap or close their doors. That all bothers me way more than guys getting changed and pissing in the bushes (which is also prevalent).

"Sad, but true. Oh, so true! (I couldn't have said it better myself). The newest craze in mountain biking (a sport that keeps reinventing itself -out of boredom?- is called "Slopestyle" -doing flips on mountain bikes." -Monica Craver- :lol:

May 21, 2014, 11:26 a.m.

I have lived right there off Coleman for ~ 20 years and have been mtb'ing all that time and more. I can tell you that Coleman @ Mountain (which is a busy thoroughfare for locals) is a complete cluster-fuck on weekends. And it's worse than ever. I'm dumbfounded as to why riders think it's OK to leave their truck doors open into the street while they unload bikes and gear which then get piled in the street. Upturned bikes getting worked on in the street. And then they give you attitude when you stop and politely ask them to move their crap or close their doors. That all bothers me way more than guys getting changed and pissing in the bushes (which is also prevalent).

How else do you unload your stuff than open the doors and put things out in a pile til you're ready to go? It's hard to keep car/truck doors closed at all times…

There's no excuse for the peeing in a bush thing, and I know I've witnessed it.

May 21, 2014, 11:29 a.m.

And I have to say, the parking lot proposed is Not what I expected. It's a lot worse than I thought it would be. My concerns/suggestions went into the box as did a lot of others'.

May 21, 2014, 11:41 a.m.

How else do you unload your stuff than open the doors and put things out in a pile til you're ready to go? It's hard to keep car/truck doors closed at all times…

you get out of the truck. CLOSE the door. Then unload your gear onto the sidewalk or behind the vehicle. Quite simple really.

"Sad, but true. Oh, so true! (I couldn't have said it better myself). The newest craze in mountain biking (a sport that keeps reinventing itself -out of boredom?- is called "Slopestyle" -doing flips on mountain bikes." -Monica Craver- :lol:

May 21, 2014, 11:43 a.m.

Read through the presentation materials…not sure what else they're supposed to do, seems relatively appropriate given the various issues surrounding the area…from my out of town perspective, and as someone who rides there 6-10 times per year

May 21, 2014, 12:09 p.m.

If you cant hop out of your car,grb your helmet and pack,put them on,unload your bike and ride away in less than a minute or two,then your doing it wrong.

Same goes for when your ride is done.

Pastor of Muppets

May 21, 2014, 12:20 p.m.

The lot shall not have sufficient spots to accommodate all the users and I suspect that this will temporarily reduce the issues down the hill.

Is this equation correct?

Parking lot = loss of the top of Natural high

May 21, 2014, 12:23 p.m.

i was pleasantly surprised by the proposal that the DNV and their consultants have put together. with 75 parking spots it could seriously reduce the issues that have been documented above.

i would encourage people to voice their support for this proposal. this seems like another big step towards the DNV recognizing mountain biking.

May 21, 2014, 12:32 p.m.

And I have to say, the parking lot proposed is Not what I expected. It's a lot worse than I thought it would be. My concerns/suggestions went into the box as did a lot of others'.

Funny, I was pretty anti-parking lot earlier but the proposal is better than I thought. I think I'm kinda reversing my stance on this one. Partly because I agree that Coleman residents are in dire need of some relief, and partly because DNV is incorporating a parallel trail, as suggested here.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

May 21, 2014, 12:46 p.m.

Is any more information about the proposal available online?

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

May 21, 2014, 12:50 p.m.

I feel sorry for the Mountain Hwy residents between McNair and the gates if the District goes ahead with this ‘solution’. That section of road is steep, narrow, and has no sidewalk on either side. Blind driveways feed into it. Residents walking their dogs or just out for a stroll have to use the road due to the lack of sidewalks. Plus, for whatever reason, many of the residents up there opt to street park making it an even tighter squeeze.

Channeling trucks up and down there will be a disaster. It is simply not viable.

Even though I’m personally impacted more under the current scheme; I’d prefer they leave it as is.

May 21, 2014, 12:59 p.m.

DNV link to the project -[HTML_REMOVED] http://www.dnv.org/article.asp?a=4660[HTML_REMOVED]c=422