Fromme parking open house

Nov. 5, 2014, 9:40 p.m.

Another beginertinmmediate here. I agree with what others have said. Yes, the last 200m and a few other spots of BP take a little practice to ride but isn't that the point.I'm still working on riding the last little bit of BP smoothly (I can ride it I just don't always make the first right gracefully). I can remember having a big stupid grin on my face after riding section with the short ramp and then the longer one. I did what I do with everything else - just progressively work my way up to it.

Nov. 6, 2014, 8:15 a.m.

Another beginertinmmediate here. I agree with what others have said. Yes, the last 200m and a few other spots of BP take a little practice to ride but isn't that the point.I'm still working on riding the last little bit of BP smoothly (I can ride it I just don't always make the first right gracefully). I can remember having a big stupid grin on my face after riding section with the short ramp and then the longer one. I did what I do with everything else - just progressively work my way up to it.

Congrats! It's great to hear when someone enjoys the learning curve. :)

Nov. 6, 2014, 10:12 a.m.

This is entirely the reason I ride.

Nov. 6, 2014, 10:51 a.m.

Those gnarled bits of the BP don't have to be fun to be fun.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Feb. 5, 2015, 7:48 a.m.

http://www.dnv.org/article.asp?a=4660[HTML_REMOVED]c=422

Feb. 5, 2015, 10:08 a.m.

Will mountain hwy remain open through the construction?

Feb. 5, 2015, 10:48 a.m.

Will mountain hwy remain open through the construction?

http://www.dnv.org/article.asp?a=4660[HTML_REMOVED]c=422

Feb. 5, 2015, 1:20 p.m.

I remember being you . . .. that last 200m is a great learning experience !

Feb. 5, 2015, 1:39 p.m.

A parking lot? Wow, but why not 20 years ago when it was a problem. Moving everyone down the hill seemed kind of ridiculous, or were they just hoping the bikes would go away?

If there are delays, ride up from Mountain View via BP/Griffin/KotS I've yet to clean it there are some tough moves. Sad to hear NH is gone, was a great finish line.

Feb. 5, 2015, 2 p.m.

Moving everyone down the hill seemed kind of ridiculous, or were they just hoping the bikes would go away?

that was a fairly nonsensical solution; just move the issue to someone else's street?? allowing partial public parking on the whole mountain probably would have been a better move. distribute the volume.

Feb. 7, 2015, 9:07 a.m.

A parking lot? Wow, but why not 20 years ago when it was a problem. Moving everyone down the hill seemed kind of ridiculous, or were they just hoping the bikes would go away?

Restricting parking at the top of the hill spreads out visitor parking lower down, instead of concentrating it in the upper reaches. With the parking lot on Fromme, the district seems to be to be making a concession to car access, rather than parking issues, since nobody is allowed to park within a few blocks of the yellow gate anyway.