Fromme Parking Lot

Aug. 12, 2015, 9:58 a.m.

The answer would be someone joining the Nudist club at the second switchback. All the members appear to have keys. Make copies. problem solved.

I nominate you

Aug. 12, 2015, 3:56 p.m.

Glad some people find it useful. I don't see myself using it much, especially with an 8pm closing time.

Aug. 12, 2015, 4:23 p.m.

Rode Fromme last night for the first time since the lot opened. Ended up parking on Coleman since it was a 6:15pm start and I didn't want to chance it. Got to the bottom of Kirkford just before 8 so in retrospect I could have pulled it off, but I'd rather get to ride out Middle Griffin + Switchbacks/Immonator. I do agree it's slightly annoying pedaling up mtn highway with lots of traffic (lot appeared full). I will try climbing up the trails next time.

Props to Peter and whoever else has done work on Crinkum, Kirkford and Griffin! Trails are running great right now. Kirkford flows a lot better now than it did in the spring when the revamp was partially complete. Griffin was a lot smoother with the fill in work as well, but with enough challenging bits to keep you paying attention.

Aug. 13, 2015, 10:57 a.m.

Last night when I went into the bathroom and saw this months Flare magazine that my girlfriend left in the magazine rack. According to Flare the #4 thing to do in Vancouver is to go ride a bike on Fromme now that there is a parking lot. Their words were something like "With the new parking lot on Fromme riding a bike is no longer for the diehards who carry their bikes up on their shoulder. Now anyone with a sturdy bike and a little bit of Chutzpah can go explore the 62km of trails on Mount Fromme."

Do you know how hard it is to cry and crap at the same time?

Aug. 13, 2015, 11:55 a.m.

Last night when I went into the bathroom and saw this months Flare magazine that my girlfriend left in the magazine rack. According to Flare the #4 thing to do in Vancouver is to go ride a bike on Fromme now that there is a parking lot. Their words were something like "With the new parking lot on Fromme riding a bike is no longer for the diehards who carry their bikes up on their shoulder. Now anyone with a sturdy bike and a little bit of Chutzpah can go explore the 62km of trails on Mount Fromme."

Do you know how hard it is to cry and crap at the same time?

:)

It does seem much busier now. Also a lot more hikers, but I imagine they'll soon disappear when they realize it's probably the worst mountain of Vancouver to hike. Nothing to see. Unless they want to have fun watching people "with a sturdy bike and a little bit of Chutzpah" going down Ladies.

Aug. 13, 2015, 1:06 p.m.

:)

It does seem much busier now. Also a lot more hikers, but I imagine they'll soon disappear when they realize it's probably the worst mountain of Vancouver to hike. Nothing to see. Unless they want to have fun watching people "with a sturdy bike and a little bit of Chutzpah" going down Ladies.

That should be YTs next bike.

Aug. 13, 2015, 2:53 p.m.

Chutzpah? Is that a new tire sealant? Or an energy gel maybe?

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Aug. 13, 2015, 3:09 p.m.

Saw somebody on a, I guess they are called gravity scooters, today. I used to see unicycles a lot on Fromme but I guess that trend died along with the 24" rear wheel. Perhaps this is the new unicycle?

Looks like this sorta

Still yet to see an ebike! :P

Also a funny observation, well to me anyways. Last time I came up all the cars were parked on the west side of the lot, today they were all on the east side. I take it whoever gets there first sets the trend as to which side is parked on. :cow:

Aug. 13, 2015, 4:32 p.m.

Saw somebody on a, I guess they are called gravity scooters….

the ground clearance on that thing makes it pretty much useless for anything more than sidewalks and flat smooth trails.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Aug. 13, 2015, 4:49 p.m.

the ground clearance on that thing makes it pretty much useless for anything more than sidewalks and flat smooth trails.

I don't think the one I saw had a huge front wheel, either. Actually, I didn't look all that closely and I was anti-social today and didn't do any talking. :-P I'm guessing they were heading to Bobsled.

Aug. 13, 2015, 5:05 p.m.

I used to see unicycles a lot on Fromme but I guess that trend died along with the 24" rear wheel. Perhaps this is the new unicycle?

This spring on a very, very wet day, I saw a group of about 20 unicyclests ride down espresso. I knew some people did it but I never thought there was a group that large.

Aug. 13, 2015, 5:37 p.m.

I don't think the one I saw had a huge front wheel, either. Actually, I didn't look all that closely and I was anti-social today and didn't do any talking. :-P I'm guessing they were heading to Bobsled.

This is no word of a lie: having ridden as long as I have there are certain things that I thought were a given I would never see. Ever. Last year I was going up Mtn. Hwy and upon reaching Bobsled I saw a guy going down with, get this, a KID TRAILER attached to his bike with his kid in the trailer. You know, the type that attaches to the rear axle….. I have stopped making any such claims of "I thought I would never" since this clearly shows how groomed things are getting. I wonder how long it will be before I see…….:hurt: It's coming. And with the parking lot, you wait until the handicap parking is enacted, and thus mandates a paved section, and thus, something for the said wheelchair to be able to go down. Give it time.

Aug. 13, 2015, 5:51 p.m.

Aug. 13, 2015, 5:57 p.m.

5k Valentino jacket to go with your 12k carbon wonder bike.

Aug. 13, 2015, 5:58 p.m.

^Wonder how those $810 Celine shoes grip wet flats? Can you mount cleats on them? :fruit: