Fromme Parking Lot

Aug. 10, 2015, 12:11 p.m.

I saw two parents pushing a double urban stroller up the fire road late afternoon yesterday…can't confirm where they parked. Just saying…

I always park on lower Coleman and start my ride from McNair View Park and climb up Griffen Uphill, Lower Griffen, KS and depending on how I feel, Upper Griffen or Water Tower Connector.

I'm always amazed to see riders slog up Mtn Hwy - I find the grade and the lower trail ride up much for enjoyable but I can see beginners finding it technically challenging. No complaints from me - the up trails are always empty. :)

Aug. 10, 2015, 5:12 p.m.

Fractions and extraction process is quite a bit different though.

When you give it away it's quite a bit different as well.

Aug. 10, 2015, 6:29 p.m.

That lot's a lot bigger than I imagined. Only a dozen or so cars when I arrived @ 3:40. Must not fill up until 5-ish, eh?
Shoulda' put the entrance down further so you enter into lot from south end woulda' kept riders from having to eat the dust of meat head drivers who can't/won't slow down to dead slow.:nono:

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Aug. 10, 2015, 11:06 p.m.

We checked it out today. Not been up there for months as I park somewhere else these days…..So much construction on Mtn Hwy these days…. Anyway, we went for a hike with the dog :P

Hopefully they will create an entrance into Natural High and Roadside Attraction. Seems daft hiking over a load of crap to get to RA, and walking out of the car park onto Mtn Hwy is even more daft. On the way out, visibility of the Bobsled exit was pretty bad due to the light but it could have been a combination of the time of day and our somewhat battered windscreen.

I'll park in my usual spot next time.

treezz
wow you are a ass

Aug. 11, 2015, 9:59 a.m.

went up to check out the new lot for the first time last night, figuring it would give me more time for an after dinner ride, which would be great. upon arriving at 7.30, I see the sign saying it closes at 8. WTF! one of the chief benefits of that lot is that it helps you fit in a ride if your time is limited, which as a parent of two kids, mine nearly always is. why the hell would they not keep it open until at least 9 if not 9.30 during the summer? if youre going to build it, don't hamstring the main benefit dammit!

Aug. 11, 2015, 3:03 p.m.

went up to check out the new lot for the first time last night, figuring it would give me more time for an after dinner ride, which would be great. upon arriving at 7.30, I see the sign saying it closes at 8. WTF! one of the chief benefits of that lot is that it helps you fit in a ride if your time is limited, which as a parent of two kids, mine nearly always is. why the hell would they not keep it open until at least 9 if not 9.30 during the summer? if youre going to build it, don't hamstring the main benefit dammit!

Curious if anyone riding at night has seen the gate closed at 8? I'll be up there tonight, gonna park lower down as usual, if our route takes us back past the gate I'll have a look, but we usually go out Dempsey/Penzoil or Griffin.

Aug. 11, 2015, 5:54 p.m.

I waited at the gate last week to see how on time they are. The parks guy flew up the road and was there exactly at 8pm.

Aug. 11, 2015, 6:26 p.m.

Not that I will be using the lot, but just wondering if the parks guys check to see if there are cars in the lot before they lock up the gate. What happens when there are unforeseen situations when you are late. Is your car stuck in the lot?

Aug. 11, 2015, 6:27 p.m.

Not that I will be using the lot, but just wondering if the parks guys check to see if there are cars in the lot before they lock up the gate. What happens when there are unforeseen situations when you are late. Is your car stuck in the lot?

I would assume they just lock it at 8, that's their job.

Aug. 11, 2015, 6:39 p.m.

I got locked in at sumas a few months back. We had to call a tow truck company and they sent a guy with a key and a $100 invoice. Thaaaaat sucked.

Aug. 11, 2015, 7:01 p.m.

Wha? You could have just ridden home and back the next day for nothin'!

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Aug. 11, 2015, 7:04 p.m.

why the hell would they not keep it open until at least 9 if not 9.30 during the summer? if youre going to build it, don't hamstring the main benefit dammit!

i'm going to guess it has something to do with traffic up and down the road in the evening hours and it disturbing nearby residences.
the odd thing is under DNV bylaw BYLAW 2733, section 9(b) states that:

"Any park or part of a park which is closed to the free use of the public is closed daily from 2200 to 0600, which hours of closure may be relaxed by resolution of Council."
http://www.dnv.org/sites/default/files/bylaws/Bylaw%202733.pdf

this means that the parks are closed from 10pm until 6am.
so the park, and the gate to access the parking lot for the park (fromme mtn) should be open until at least 10pm.

on another note, the new district website performs rather poorly. in short it

blows donkey balls.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Aug. 11, 2015, 8:52 p.m.

I'm guessing it has to do with whomever is responsible for locking it up not wanting to have to wait until after 8:00 to have a beer.

(I'm sure whomever it is, has a round to do [HTML_REMOVED] locking every park up at exactly 10:00 would be impossible)

Aug. 12, 2015, 9:23 a.m.

As a resident, I can't see a couple of hours that late at night making a significant difference to the volumes / noise we hear.

Aug. 12, 2015, 9:48 a.m.

The answer would be someone joining the Nudist club at the second switchback. All the members appear to have keys. Make copies. problem solved.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch