Fromme Parking Lot

Aug. 6, 2015, 4:32 p.m.

@Jerry. Oh Boy…. I hope not. You never know. I guess they could build an indoor hockey rink, ski area and Bike Park…. All three sports every day…. All year round. Lets just bring all the outdoor sports indoors. Ha Ha.

I petition for turning Bobsled into a Redbull Crashed Ice course this winter! :idea:

Aug. 6, 2015, 5:03 p.m.

At the speed some fly out of there, I think this is bound to cause some grief on a busy day!

the gate is the least issue with people flying outta there. I hope I'm wrong, but it seems that pedaling up the stretch between 1st gate and the parking lot will be a lot less pleasant with traffic and dust.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Aug. 6, 2015, 5:26 p.m.

I hear there's a ton of parking on the paved section of Mtn Hwy….and (as a bonus) there is no dust, no narrow gate, no closures!! And you get to extend yer ride!

Aug. 6, 2015, 5:28 p.m.

the gate is the least issue with people flying outta there. I hope I'm wrong, but it seems that pedaling up the stretch between 1st gate and the parking lot will be a lot less pleasant with traffic and dust.

No, it isn't pleasant. It was bad enough last year when I had the pleasure of arriving after about half a dozen parents had dropped off their kids in the turnaround for a mtb camp (note never arrive at the road just before 10 am during summer! :drunk:) . Hopefully they are still going to build a parallel path as per the original plans! Bonus points if it is actually a trail and not gravel! :P Though my current plan is to start to HTFU and climb or push up No Quarter as needed!

Aug. 6, 2015, 11:55 p.m.

I hear there's a ton of parking on the paved section of Mtn Hwy….and (as a bonus) there is no dust, no narrow gate, no closures!! And you get to extend yer ride!

So awesome! Will definitely check it out.

Aug. 7, 2015, 12:04 a.m.

Imagine having to ride your bike to go for a bike ride. It would make a great location for a hockey rink. How good would that be.

outdoor hockey? fucking yes please!

they should put in one of those norwegian hill climb do-dads to help people get up the hill who feel it's too much effort. i'm sure people would be willing to pay $1 for a lift up the hill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryCWIjdVF0g

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Aug. 7, 2015, 6:44 a.m.

Busy busy last night, my first time using the lot. Seems there were an abnormal number of people on the mountain due to a NSride group ride but the lot wasn't quite full although the parking on Coleman had a number of cars in it as well.

There will be an adjustment period; I made sure to obey the 20km/hr posted limit however it didn't help much as there was more than a few riders with dogs off leash running all over the road between the lower gate and parking lot. I can't say everyone was going as slow as I was however which is concerning. Another speed bump right by the crater drop might be a good idea. At the moment it is an accident waiting to happen.

IMO the lot will help to mitigate the parking issues/friction with the neighbourhood, but the setup isn't quite perfect yet. I echo others sentiments as far as the congestion problems and lack of a trail from the lot to above the upper gate.

Just my two cents.

Aug. 7, 2015, 9:46 a.m.

outdoor hockey? fucking yes please!

they should put in one of those norwegian hill climb do-dads to help people get up the hill who feel it's too much effort. i'm sure people would be willing to pay $1 for a lift up the hill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryCWIjdVF0g

All the way to 7th Please! :)

Aug. 7, 2015, 10:07 a.m.

when we all have e-bikes and Cam renames this site to NSEMB we won't need one of those lifts to cruise up to 7th. just wait, it's coming.

Aug. 7, 2015, 10:28 a.m.

when we all have e-bikes and Cam renames this site to NSEMB we won't need one of those lifts to cruise up to 7th. just wait, it's coming.

It's here….saw a dude on some red thing (Switch?) zing past me on the 5th a couple of weeks ago. At first, I just assumed he was some uber-X country dude…until I saw he was wearing a full face helmet [HTML_REMOVED] Troy Lee shorts….I think he was smoking a cigar as well.

Aug. 8, 2015, 11:34 a.m.

gbv and syncro…. some fun ideas there. Why not? Norway has a lot of extra money to spend on stuff like that.

Aug. 8, 2015, 2:05 p.m.

gbv and syncro…. some fun ideas there. Why not? Norway has a lot of extra money to spend on stuff like that.

We have way bigger proven oil reserves than Norway. Really we should have extra money to spend on this stuff too. In theory.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Aug. 9, 2015, 2:08 p.m.

Used the parking lot for the first time today. Fantastic. Much more social than parking on the road. Was almost full by the time I left just before midday. Now, it seems kind of ridiculous that it took this long to get the parking lot.

Aug. 10, 2015, 8:33 a.m.

Was up there late in the afternoon on Sunday…..it was pretty full, but there were about 10 spots left. Despite the number of cars, I saw about 10-12 folks heading up the gravel road, but not a soul on 7th/Leppard, until I hit Crinkum. Just me and another dude.

Aug. 10, 2015, 9:09 a.m.

We have way bigger proven oil reserves than Norway. Really we should have extra money to spend on this stuff too. In theory.

Fractions and extraction process is quite a bit different though.