Fromme Parking Lot

Aug. 4, 2015, 10:39 p.m.

Seriously? Your world is so much smaller than you imagine.

It was a generalization…so not terribly serious. But you seem to have an opinion.Please expand on that.

Aug. 5, 2015, 7:04 p.m.

I really like the new parking lot but I wish it was open a little later. For those who
work reg. 9-5 type jobs it's hard to get out during the week after and finish your ride before 8pm.

Couldn't agree more…. 9am to 8pm!? So you can't use the lot for a ride before OR after work!?

And even if you manage to squeeze in an early evening ride and get delayed by a bike issue or injury, car gets towed… insane.

Why does the gate need to be closed at all, can't you just put up signs saying it's illegal to stay overnight? Maybe a camera or two if they're really concerned. Seems to work fine elsewhere.

Aug. 5, 2015, 7:15 p.m.

Other parking spots (and mountains) are available.

Probably just trying to stop dogging. If that happens in NV.

treezz
wow you are a ass

Aug. 5, 2015, 9:29 p.m.

Let's crowd source money to build a blast ramp so anyone that can't time their rides after work or get a mechanical can get their car / truck /subaru Baja over the gates ! Or just park on the street if you're pressed for time ?

Aug. 5, 2015, 9:31 p.m.

It was a generalization…so not terribly serious. But you seem to have an opinion.Please expand on that.

:lol: Do not be offended, my comment wasn't intended to be all that serious either.

But, IMO people immersed in an activity sometimes lose sight of how something so obvious to themselves is so utterly foreign to most others.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Aug. 5, 2015, 10:27 p.m.

But, IMO people immersed in an activity sometimes lose sight of how something so obvious to themselves is so utterly foreign to most others.

Yes….exactly.

Aug. 6, 2015, 12:41 p.m.

The new lot has been great for riding with the kids. We used to park down on Hoskins and climb up from there. Now we can get a few nice little laps in. I was up there twice on the weekend and the lot was far less than half full and I would say only half the cars had bike racks on them.

Anyway, I love the convenience. I wouldn't use it if I was alone, but for the family it's a great addition.

Aug. 6, 2015, 12:47 p.m.

IMO people immersed in an activity sometimes lose sight of how something so obvious to themselves is so utterly foreign to most others.

that's sig material.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Aug. 6, 2015, 1:47 p.m.

The new lot has been great for riding with the kids. We used to park down on Hoskins and climb up from there. Now we can get a few nice little laps in. I was up there twice on the weekend and the lot was far less than half full and I would say only half the cars had bike racks on them.

Anyway, I love the convenience. I wouldn't use it if I was alone, but for the family it's a great addition.

Yes….my buddy's wife drove their kids up for a ride this afternoon. She's liking the idea of not having to shuttle [HTML_REMOVED] then ride up to the flock…as well, she said she might use the car as a base camp for lunch.

PS Some of us riders don't have racks…we have hatchbacks.

Aug. 6, 2015, 1:55 p.m.

Are they planning to widen the gate at the bottom of Mtn Hwy? When you are driving, or riding up, the gate is a pinch point and you can't see anybody coming down until you're pretty much through the gate. At the speed some fly out of there, I think this is bound to cause some grief on a busy day!

Aug. 6, 2015, 2:27 p.m.

Time to start talking about building another parking lot. How do they expect people to get up there if there is nowhere to park? Do they REALLY expect people to hike, run or bike ride a short distance there so they can go for a nice hike, run or bike ride on Mount Fromme? And I haven't even begun to address the problem of hiking, running or cycling DOWN the mountain once they are done. Its so unfair to make those kinds of demands on people.

Aug. 6, 2015, 2:33 p.m.

The 8pm closing time is a BIG disappointment and renders the parking lot useless to most riders. Rides in june-july often don't end until 9:30pm! Even if you think you can squeeze in a ride before 8pm, do you want to take the risk if you are delayed?

Can anyone confirm if the gate as indeed been shut at 8pm? Has anyone been towed yet?

I was really looking forward to the new parking for NSRIDE. Especially with the tuesday beginners night. It is a real barrier to entry for new riders slogging up mountain highway, it would have been so much nicer for them, especially since beginners tend to stay in the lower zone. Also for night rides, was looking forward to not being an annoyance on the side streets with our lights [HTML_REMOVED] noise.

This seems like a common cause bikers and local residents can rally behind to put pressure on the DNV to change their blanket 'all parks have the same closure rules' stance. This should be a top advocacy concern for the NSMBA in my eyes.

Canada Kicks Ass | Trailforks.com

Aug. 6, 2015, 2:46 p.m.

Imagine having to ride your bike to go for a bike ride. It would make a great location for a hockey rink. How good would that be.

Aug. 6, 2015, 3:27 p.m.

Imagine having to ride your bike to go for a bike ride. It would make a great location for a hockey rink. How good would that be.

snow and ice are things of the past…

:canada:

Aug. 6, 2015, 4:22 p.m.

@Jerry. Oh Boy…. I hope not. You never know. I guess they could build an indoor hockey rink, ski area and Bike Park…. All three sports every day…. All year round. Lets just bring all the outdoor sports indoors. Ha Ha.