Fromme Parking Lot

Aug. 3, 2015, 7:42 p.m.

I really like the new parking lot but I wish it was open a little later. For those who work reg. 9-5 type jobs it's hard to get out during the week after and finish your ride before 8pm.

Yes….especially in June/July when it is light until 9:00-9:30. I suppose I could just park in my usual spot if I can't plan to be back to the car by 8:00, but sometimes I'm optimistic [HTML_REMOVED] don't expect mechanicals.

Aug. 3, 2015, 7:45 p.m.

If you think it is bad now, just you wait when the word gets out about convenient parking and smoothe, groomed trails to hike on. Like posted earlier, this is only the beginning and it is only going to get worse.

You think this is an issue exclusive to hikers? It's naive to think that there aren't a whole lot of riders who now know they can do laps on Bobsled with having the hassle of riding a few extra blocks up the road. Just wait….

Aug. 3, 2015, 7:51 p.m.

Fire and ambulances have been pretty busy in Lynn Valley this weekend.

Coincidence or carnage?

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Aug. 3, 2015, 7:59 p.m.

Well, I've just come back from a couple of hours ride and I literally didn't see a single person. Plenty of trails around. People seem to like convenience, signs, maps and car parks though.

treezz
wow you are a ass

Aug. 4, 2015, 12:50 p.m.

Fire and ambulances have been pretty busy in Lynn Valley this weekend.

Coincidence or carnage?

I read that it was mostly incidents in the Canyon. Cliff jumpers etc.

Aug. 4, 2015, 12:58 p.m.

I read that it was mostly incidents in the Canyon. Cliff jumpers etc.

The sirens we going on for ages on Saturday aft. Got there at 4:30 pm, there was two cars in the new lot including mine. No one around, was strange, I guess everyone was headed DT to see fireworks.

Most hikers like to have a goal, like a place where there is a view. Fromme has no viewpoints.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Aug. 4, 2015, 1:19 p.m.

PS I find it quite ironic how full-circle this has come….I started mountain biking in the early 80's.Mountain bikers were the novelty on the mountain [HTML_REMOVED] the hikers owned the trails. Many trails were closed to riders because of the conflicts…Lynn Headwaters, Singing Pass, Garibaldi Lake, Upper Hollyburn, etc… Now there is a new parking lot [HTML_REMOVED] we feel entitled.

except that I don't think anyone wants to ban foot traffic from bike trails (with a couple exceptions), we're just asking that they yield to bikes on biking-primary trails.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Aug. 4, 2015, 3:53 p.m.

except that I don't think anyone wants to ban foot traffic from bike trails (with a couple exceptions), we're just asking that they yield to bikes on biking-primary trails.

Agreed.

Aug. 4, 2015, 5:42 p.m.

The District of NV could go one step further and allow the local hiker/trail runner association to build/fund/and maintain their very own trail on Fromme! That could be awesome! Then we could ride down it what the hell, up too! Fair is fair!! Hahaha!

Aug. 4, 2015, 5:51 p.m.

The District of NV could go one step further and allow the local hiker/trail runner association to build/fund/and maintain their very own trail on Fromme! That could be awesome! Then we could ride down it what the hell, up too! Fair is fair!! Hahaha!

Ahem…I think we (riders) already absconded with trails like the Baden Powell ….[HTML_REMOVED] not to quibble, but hike trails don't generally require the same degree of maintenance.

Aug. 4, 2015, 5:57 p.m.

Haha! I make a valid point though,right?!?! I think some clear and concise trail designation is all we need here to stop any major issues from happening before they start. I think we both agree on that. Cheers!

Aug. 4, 2015, 6:21 p.m.

Is it going to be a pay parking lot eventually? Would be good to have part of the proceeds going to maintain the trails.

Aug. 4, 2015, 6:42 p.m.

Is it going to be a pay parking lot eventually? Would be good to have part of the proceeds going to maintain the trails.

Of course. How else do local council members pay for things?

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Aug. 4, 2015, 8:48 p.m.

Haha! I make a valid point though,right?!?! I think some clear and concise trail designation is all we need here to stop any major issues from happening before they start. I think we both agree on that. Cheers!

Absolutely.
Not everyone is a local with intimate knowledge of what trail goes where [HTML_REMOVED] why (though you'd think berms would be a good indicator).

Aug. 4, 2015, 10:21 p.m.

(though you'd think berms would be a good indicator).

Seriously? Your world is so much smaller than you imagine.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.