Fromme or Seymour or North Shore double crown?

Dec. 28, 2019, 7:03 a.m.

Hey!

I'm doing a BC trip this spring, coming in from Nova Scotia and will be likely be staying in the Lynn Valley area while on the Shore. I've ridden Froome a few time before but never Seymour. I'l have three days for the North Shore before heading to the coast for a few days.  Should I stick with what I know and stay on Fromme or pedal over for a taste of Seymour? 

I don't think doing the triple crown is in the cards for this trip but what about a double crown? Any one have a good route to share?

For reference, I've ridden Seventh Secret, Ladies Only, Leopard, Oil Can, Digger, Bobsled, Immonator, etc.  and we've been able to clean most of it riding blind. I prefer more natural trails, rocks, skinnies, and drops over buff berm trails but some of that is fun too.

Thanks!

- Ryan

Dec. 28, 2019, 12:33 p.m.

If you liked that list of trails there's a bunch on Seymour you'd like too, definitely check it out.

Last edited by: Kevin26 on Dec. 28, 2019, 12:39 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Dec. 28, 2019, 2:57 p.m.

You should definitely check out Seymour if you’re there for 3 days. You can pedal there from Lynn Valley via Rice Lake. Check Trailforks for loops.

Cypress is awesome too. A good note all-mountain ride is Mystery DH or Jersey Shore/Mystery, then across the mountain to Blind Skier-Pull Tab-Upper Tall Cans-Wutang. There are other good laps as well, but that gives you some good variety.

Dec. 28, 2019, 3:10 p.m.

You will definitely be missing out if you don't ride Seymour. It's a pretty easy pedal over from Lynn Valley. Make sure to ride pangor and boogie man. Also lots of work has been done on Fromme this year, so the trails should be in great shape.

Dec. 28, 2019, 4:17 p.m.

Had a good friend out from Calgary last summer for three days. Stuck to doing a full day at each mountain. Get to hit more trails/laps that way IMO.

Dec. 29, 2019, 7:04 a.m.

sounds good. Will look at some routes on Seymour. Is CBC still in good shape? I remember seeing pics of that trail ages ago and it looked pretty dope. Worth the pedal all the way up for? Or is my time better spent doing more lower laps?

Last edited by: rlindh on Dec. 29, 2019, 10:09 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Dec. 29, 2019, 9:39 a.m.

Posted by: rlindh

sounds good. Will look at some routes on Seymour. Is CBC still in good shape? I remember seeing pics of that trail ages ago and it looked pretty dope. With the pedal all the way up for? Or is my time better spent doing more lower laps?

I wouldn’t bother going all the way up there at this point. The lower stuff has seen quite a bit of work. CBC has basically been left to rot. There is some interesting woodwork left on the trail that’s fun to ride in the dry, but overall the trail is quite eroded and less fun than other trails that are actively maintained. Check out Boogieman for woodwork instead.

Last edited by: D_C_ on Dec. 29, 2019, 1:11 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Dec. 29, 2019, 10:10 a.m.

Thanks. Boggieman is on the list for sure!

Dec. 29, 2019, 8:28 p.m.

when you're actually here post up which days you're riding and maybe you can hook up with someone to do a shuttle lap in the afternoon so you can ride most of the mountain in one day

Dec. 30, 2019, 5:50 a.m.

that would be dope. Even just having a few more people to ride with would be cool, shuttles would be amazing.

There's three of us coming and we'll be riding on March 11/12 on the Shore. We get in on the 10th and would have time for a short ride that evening too.  Was thinking a mini Fromme ride evening of the 10th. Fromme all day the 11th and then Seymour on the 12th.

Last edited by: rlindh on Dec. 30, 2019, 5:51 a.m., edited 2 times in total.
March 5, 2020, 8:52 a.m.

How are the trail conditions these days?

We land in Vancouver next Tuesday, anything we should avoid due to being too wet?

Looks like we’ll have a crew of 4 or 5 and a car for a few days now so will hit some Seymour shuttles one day and ride ups at Froome another before heading to the Sunshine Coast for a bit.

Last edited by: rlindh on March 5, 2020, 8:54 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 8, 2020, 9:09 p.m.

Its chilly in the mornings, hailed a bit yesterday, sunny today.  You'll be good to go on most of the mainline lower/ mid mountain trails you find on Trailforks. Theres still a 3.0 meter snowbase on the skihills base, so the upper mtb trails (CBC for example) are still buried.  Still lots of riding to be had though!

Fromme is a much higher starting elevation riding area, so you likely have more elevation available riding Seymour.   Check out the Fiver Routes on Trailforks for longer up/down ways to link it up.