Fromme on a hardtail

May 30, 2012, 9:35 a.m.

Which Fromme trails to you like when you're on a hardtail (if you have one)? Which ones do you dislike on a hardtail?

Which way? Up or down? I used to clean the ride up Executioner on my rims with only one crank back in the day …. I had no tires and only one crank becuz we was poor. Damn poor.

May 30, 2012, 10:52 a.m.

mine never work anyways, they always need to be bled.

Avid?

May 30, 2012, 10:53 a.m.

Which way? Up or down? I used to clean the ride up Executioner on my rims with only one crank back in the day …. I had no tires and only one crank becuz we was poor. Damn poor.

You had one crank and rims? I only wished I had one crank.

May 30, 2012, 12:31 p.m.

North Shore Bike Shop's better half rocked my hardtail, a Norco EXC, down Pipeline while I was demoing her Transition bike. She's got some skillz.

I have no filter …

May 30, 2012, 1:01 p.m.

You had one crank and rims? I only wished I had one crank.

Luxuries! We dreamed of bikes with wheels. We had to make do with a drawing of a bike. When I say drawing I mean a large rock with a bike shape pecked into the surface with another rock so it was a heavy drawing that we took up the mountain.

But we were happy.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

May 30, 2012, 1:41 p.m.

Bookwus to Grannies to Lower Ladies on a pure XC hardtail with 2.1 semi slicks and 80mm fork. In the wet.

May 30, 2012, 1:47 p.m.

Bookwus to Grannies to Lower Ladies on a pure XC hardtail with 2.1 semi slicks and 80mm fork. In the wet.

I did a training run for the Nimby on Ladies. Small tires, clipped in and the seat all the way up, it was bloody hard! Usually I run minions, flats and the seat down. BTW it was wet to…

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

May 30, 2012, 2:08 p.m.

I did a training run for the Nimby on Ladies. Small tires, clipped in and the seat all the way up, it was bloody hard! Usually I run minions, flats and the seat down. BTW it was wet to…

Lower Ladies?

Cleaning all of Lower Ladies on a short travel bike is a rush (clipped in and seat at a medium height and trail tires)

Clearing it all dab free on a pure xc rig with the seat at full climbing height would be some serious little bike skills.

May 30, 2012, 2:44 p.m.

no upper, then BP to crippler. cleaned most of it.

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

May 30, 2012, 3:35 p.m.

You hit the nail on the head there. I have a hardtail pretty much only because I'm poor. But maybe because I'm a little old school too, and most of my riding before 2 months ago was in the 90s. But I just turned 30. Can someone be 30 and old school at the same time?

Lower Ladies. Rode…edit: walked…it today. Although I did ride the roller coaster at the end. Awesome trail but definitely out my my league right now. Maybe on a dry day I'll give it another go.

May 30, 2012, 4:38 p.m.

People actually use a FS bike on Fromme what in the world for,that would take all the fun out of it :)

The raw, primitive, unrefined trails that see little to no maintenance are the kinds of trails that really build skill. What kind of skills do you learn riding a trail that was made by a machine, groomed to perfection and void of any rocks, roots or other obstacles that could send you careening over the handlebars?

May 30, 2012, 5:10 p.m.

People actually use a FS bike on Fromme what in the world for,that would take all the fun out of it :)

well apparantly you just need to let off the brakes.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

May 30, 2012, 7:25 p.m.

This bike is fun on Fromme

Shed head!

May 31, 2012, 10:31 a.m.

This bike is fun on Fromme

Want.

Nov. 11, 2012, 5:32 p.m.

I ride Fromme all the time with my hardtail! It's definitely a challenge and I'm sure it would be a lot more comfortable riding a AM bike but most of the trails are manageable on a HT.

The only trails I had a lot of trouble with were upper oil can and lower ladies.. I basically said "fuck that" to a few sections and found myself hiking around stuff.