Fromme Mtn, DNV trail work updates

Nov. 23, 2010, 5:52 p.m.

nice! Must have been chilli! workin!

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Nov. 24, 2010, 4:25 p.m.

Update

web: nsmba.ca
email: [email protected]

Trails for all, trails forever.

Nov. 25, 2010, 4:02 p.m.

We must be nearing the end of the season for the crew so… thanks for all your hard work this year!

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Nov. 25, 2010, 9:23 p.m.

Hi Bryce!

Our contract is up on the 3rd of December as of now (weather dependent).

Thanks to everyone for the support and to all of you who came out and helped this summer! It's been a great season!!!!

didnt know nsmb was only for pros

its not, its only for dicks.

My Flickr

Nov. 26, 2010, 9:36 a.m.

thanks for all your hard work this year!

I'll second that!

Cheers.

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

Dec. 6, 2010, 2:09 p.m.

Dear Bobsledders

Welcome to the wonderful world of mountain biking! Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the following common sense:

1) There is a huge orange sign at the corner of Mtn Hwy and Coleman saying that parking is restricted to residents above that point. Confusing, I know! So in simpler words: YOU = NO PARK. You probably won't get a ticket, you probably won't be towed, but you do jeopardize our access. Believe it or not, people rode on Fromme BEFORE the Bobsled trail even had berms, and those riders had to fight proposals to move all parking down to the mall. So if you think walking up from Coleman is a pain, just be glad you don't have to walk up from the mall. Respect the RPO.

2) Some people pedal UP Fromme. I know, its crazy! I think they call it "exercise". Anyways, since these folks are clearly f-n nuts, please leave them a wide berth on the road. If you're walking up with your badass shuttle crew high-fiving for truly slaying that green trail, please don't block the entire road, especially if you're keeping your D3 on and can't hear something shouting "on your left" repeatedly. This also applies to parking your bikes up 'top' - don't block the road cuz those damn crazies pedal PAST there.

3) DH bikes, full face helmets, body armor, goggles, PJ's, and Leatt neck braces. Maybe you too could pedal up with teh crazies if you didn't bring all this unnecesary shit. And maybe Coleman wouldn't seem so far.

4) 3+ bikes - WTF does that mean? Technically you should be carrying at least 3 bikes in order to drive past the first gate. To recap: 1 = not OK, 2 = not OK, 3 or more = OK. Its also nice to keep the speed reasonable cuz your fellow riders don't like breathing in dust while having their dogs/children run down.

5) Don't pay attention to other Bobsledders - they are probably equally clueless. If you don't know, ask someone who's pedalling their bike.

Thanks for reading up on common sense! Following this simple guideline will ensure that you can continue to ride/walk/coast on Fromme for many years to come.

Dec. 6, 2010, 2:31 p.m.

busy weekend on Fromme Bryce?

Dec. 6, 2010, 2:59 p.m.

Didn't seam to be, but good post.

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

Dec. 6, 2010, 3:46 p.m.

Dear Bobsledders

Welcome to the wonderful world of mountain biking! Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the following common sense:

1) There is a huge orange sign at the corner of Mtn Hwy and Coleman saying that parking is restricted to residents above that point. Confusing, I know! So in simpler words: YOU = NO PARK. You probably won't get a ticket, you probably won't be towed, but you do jeopardize our access. Believe it or not, people rode on Fromme BEFORE the Bobsled trail even had berms, and those riders had to fight proposals to move all parking down to the mall. So if you think walking up from Coleman is a pain, just be glad you don't have to walk up from the mall. Respect the RPO.

2) Some people pedal UP Fromme. I know, its crazy! I think they call it "exercise". Anyways, since these folks are clearly f-n nuts, please leave them a wide berth on the road. If you're walking up with your badass shuttle crew high-fiving for truly slaying that green trail, please don't block the entire road, especially if you're keeping your D3 on and can't hear something shouting "on your left" repeatedly. This also applies to parking your bikes up 'top' - don't block the road cuz those damn crazies pedal PAST there.

3) DH bikes, full face helmets, body armor, goggles, PJ's, and Leatt neck braces. Maybe you too could pedal up with teh crazies if you didn't bring all this unnecesary shit. And maybe Coleman wouldn't seem so far.

4) 3+ bikes - WTF does that mean? Technically you should be carrying at least 3 bikes in order to drive past the first gate. To recap: 1 = not OK, 2 = not OK, 3 or more = OK. Its also nice to keep the speed reasonable cuz your fellow riders don't like breathing in dust while having their dogs/children run down.

5) Don't pay attention to other Bobsledders - they are probably equally clueless. If you don't know, ask someone who's pedalling their bike.

Thanks for reading up on common sense! Following this simple guideline will ensure that you can continue to ride/walk/coast on Fromme for many years to come.

…….

LOL

Bicycles!

Dec. 6, 2010, 4:24 p.m.

Just rode Griffen.

Great work guys! Hope to see you back next year!

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Dec. 6, 2010, 4:42 p.m.

Alot of good points and i agree with everything except #3. Alot of people don't have the luxury of having more than 1 bike , like me. I also wear a full face and a leatt neck brace. no i dont wear PJ's , or block the road and i dont have a problem pushing up from coleman to whatever trail i am riding.I know a downhill bike is overkill for most of the stuff on fromme but i dont see the neck brace as "unnecesary shit" so for obvious reasons niether is a full face. Last time i checked you didn't have to be going fast to wreck your neck or back for life.

Dec. 6, 2010, 5:20 p.m.

omg SOMEONE GOT IN MY WAY CLIMBING!!!

everything Is So Serious

CHECK OUT MY E-QUADS

Dec. 6, 2010, 5:42 p.m.

just needed to e-flex, I mean uh, vent a little

still props to James and the crew for the great work on Bobsled and all over Fromme, no diss intended there

Dec. 6, 2010, 6:04 p.m.

just needed to e-flex, I mean uh, vent a little

still props to James and the crew for the great work on Bobsled and all over Fromme, no diss intended there

yeah the trail is rad!

almost tore my leg off on that one drifty left hander with the big nasty boulder.

i don't know if it's supporting the trail or if it can be popped out but it might save a spleen or kneecap if it goes

Dec. 6, 2010, 7:36 p.m.

Dear Bobsledders

Sorry, this is BS.

We're not all "the best mountain biker in the world".

For people just getting into the sport, don't be intimidated by this attitude,
most of us don't have it.
Ride, Push, Pull, what'ev, your way to the top and have fun!! Oh, and bring all the safety equipment you have and use it! You will gradually ditch stuff as you progress.
Why risk injury?

My .02