Fromme Mtn, DNV trail work updates

July 2, 2010, 11:03 a.m.

When I came upon the ripped out rock work at the SOD on Wed I was devastated. A great line destroyed. Totally unnecessary. Terrible decision.

Really, actually truly devastated? It was a fun [HTML_REMOVED] challenging line but the DNV's decision was the right one if you look at the whole picture.

July 6, 2010, 10:18 p.m.

Ok here are some more photos.

Stairs of despair finished work

New bridge going in to replace this one.

Pipeline and BP intersection finished

didnt know nsmb was only for pros

its not, its only for dicks.

My Flickr

July 6, 2010, 10:24 p.m.

just wondering what the point of all the wood is at the BP/Pipeline intersection, i've never really noticed any real issues there, looks nice and all but was it necessary?

July 6, 2010, 10:26 p.m.

Ok here are some more photos.

That's kind of depressing.

July 6, 2010, 10:34 p.m.

+1

Is it counter productive to ride on my exercise bike with a cocktail in hand?

July 6, 2010, 10:58 p.m.

That's beautiful work and I don't want to detract form all the hard work put in, but I can't help but think that all that time and material could have been put to better more effect use elsewhere.

I wonder who decides on what needs to be done and what the selection process/criteria is/are? Is there any input from the NSMBA?

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

July 6, 2010, 11:03 p.m.

Thanks for the continued updates!

Always sad to read people complaining without hearing the actual reasoning to it but hey, this is the interwebs and people love to troll..

Thank you to everyone putting in the hard work on this… and of course all those other trail builders out there..

July 6, 2010, 11:34 p.m.

Wow, more of Peters work covered.

What was the issue in this area?

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

July 7, 2010, 12:44 a.m.

A complex interaction between sterics and electronics…

July 7, 2010, 9:08 a.m.

There's lot going on on Fromme!
On Monday I saw trail closed signs on Air Supply, Pink Starfish and Jerry Rig. It looked like Air supply had been broken into pieces already.
End of an era.

July 7, 2010, 9:16 a.m.

I think it's great that James is giving updates online. Although I do wonder a little about the consultation… That's a lot of woodwork that needs to be maintained 5 years from now.

July 7, 2010, 9:17 a.m.

Thanks for the continued updates!

Always sad to read people complaining without hearing the actual reasoning to it but hey, this is the interwebs and people love to troll..

Thank you to everyone putting in the hard work on this… and of course all those other trail builders out there..

No trolling here. I've ridden those trails for close to 15 years now, and it's sad to see a boardwalk get installed.

I remember when they put in the boardwalks in the low Seymour trails (over near Hyannis). It was depressing then too.

July 7, 2010, 9:21 a.m.

That's beautiful work and I don't want to detract form all the hard work put in, but I can't help but think that all that time and material could have been put to better more effect use elsewhere.

What was the issue in this area?

Are you guys on crack??????

That area was a frikken SWAMP this spring…in June no less, I can only image what it looked like in April/May.

So what we lost 100 ft of tech rock xc on the main artery of Fromme. This is a much more efficient and sustainable solution.

People wine and moan that the DNV does nothing…then they finally do some work that ever so slightly dumbs down a section and it's a bitch fest? Someone must have pictures showing that those sections used to be nice smooth trail bed before.

July 7, 2010, 9:43 a.m.

That area was a frikken SWAMP this spring…in June no less, I can only image what it looked like in April/May.

Pipeline is the Go To trail in the wet and many times I have ridden into a lake at the bottom there. The BP is multi use and a boardwalk is a great addition for walkers. I see alot of seniors on the BP so I think this is a good idea. If we want more access to trails we have to accept that they will become more accessible, right?
I also wonder why this is so bad, but when the same thing is done on Ladies it is hailed as the second coming?

Grumpy Trail Builder in Training

July 7, 2010, 9:47 a.m.

I remember when they put in the boardwalks in the low Seymour trails (over near Hyannis). It was depressing then too.

I don't get depressed when I'm not axle deep in mud.