Fromme Mtn, DNV trail work updates

June 29, 2010, 4:54 p.m.

^^This

These have worn almost 3/4 inch at the top of the A frame, and this is not a heavy traffic area!

Thanks for the great work!

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

June 29, 2010, 9:07 p.m.

So, is there still going to be a rock line as well? I don't suppose it would fit in the old location (between the ladder and the stairs). Is there a new advanced line going in? Just curious.

June 29, 2010, 9:10 p.m.

Don't know yet but it's quite possible. We'll see how things go with the new stairs. there is quite a bit of roots in that area.

didnt know nsmb was only for pros

its not, its only for dicks.

My Flickr

June 29, 2010, 9:18 p.m.

Thanks James.

The work looks awesome by the way. Are you responsible (or partially responsible) for the great work on RotanomI? If so, thanks for that as well.

June 29, 2010, 9:20 p.m.

Rotanomi is not me. I don't even know that trail yet. Nice to know that other trails are being worked on too though! The shore greatly needs that!

My Flickr

June 30, 2010, 9:19 a.m.

RotanomI?

Never heard that name, have been all over Fromme recently…you sure you are not talking about Ducati's work on Imenator? Just after Natural High?

June 30, 2010, 9:45 a.m.

Never heard that name, have been all over Fromme recently…you sure you are not talking about Ducati's work on Imenator? Just after Natural High?

ImonatoR=RotanomI?

Grumpy Trail Builder in Training

June 30, 2010, 9:48 a.m.

I guess if we want to ride an "advanced line" we are back to riding the stairs on "Stairs of Despair" again, just like before the rock roll line was added. :lol:

June 30, 2010, 10:15 a.m.

I guess if we want to ride an "advanced line" we are back to riding the stairs on "Stairs of Despair" again, just like before the rock roll line was added. :lol:

That's what happens when history is forgotten

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

June 30, 2010, 11:03 a.m.

RotanomI?

I like the syntax. It's easy to understand (by anyone that familiar with the area) and keeps stuff a little lower on the radar.

The bike haters have not caught wind of stuff as of yet and I would prefer to keep it that way. It's less of a head ache for me and the folks who issued the permits for the work.

June 30, 2010, 4:38 p.m.

A rock line might be added next week but it's unlikely to happen.

Let's not forget that the BP is a hiking trail and that it is classified as a blue trail. Black features do not belong on a hiking trail that is used as a connector for mountain bike trails. Every intermediate rider should be able to ride the trail without having to walk sections because they are too technical.

Trails being worked on or scheduled for maintenance will remain in the same classification in most cases. If a black trail needs work then the work will be done according to that and not "dumbed" down to a blue. In certain cases, some trails might get changed to an other classification and the work will then reflect that as well.

Just a heads up to everyone for these trails,

Pink Starfish is temporarily closed for maintenance. I do not know when it will re-open or how long the maintenance of the trail will take.

Jerry Rig is also temporarily closed pending a trail re-assessment by the DNV and the possibility of the trail being adopted. The upper portion of the trail with all the skinnies at the beginning are rotted out and unsafe for riding, these will be decommissioned to prevent usage of the trail pending the assessment/maintenance of the trail.

My Flickr

June 30, 2010, 5:11 p.m.

I like the syntax. It's easy to understand (by anyone that familiar with the area) and keeps stuff a little lower on the radar.

The bike haters have not caught wind of stuff as of yet and I would prefer to keep it that way. It's less of a head ache for me and the folks who issued the permits for the work.

Thanks for taking care of the trail Ducati! I've heard you were doing a great job!!

My Flickr

June 30, 2010, 5:22 p.m.

Let's not forget that the BP is a hiking trail and that it is classified as a blue trail. Black features do not belong on a hiking trail that is used as a connector for mountain bike trails.

I liked the SoD but I agree with this

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

July 1, 2010, 5:46 p.m.

While my expectations for the new work were not great, I was pleasantly surprised by it last night. The other work on BP looks good too.

flickr

July 1, 2010, 9:41 p.m.

When I came upon the ripped out rock work at the SOD on Wed I was devastated. A great line destroyed. Totally unnecessary. Terrible decision.