Found : one full beer can

Dec. 5, 2011, 3:50 p.m.

Found Sunday December 4th at approximately 12:00 while heading east on the Hyannis trail. It was your usual 355ml can with a couple dents and scratches in the Pilsner paint job.

I awoke to an unfamiliar brightness in my room and it could only mean one thing, the sun must be out. I got dressed and headed for the trails, I traversed across lower Seymour then started the steady and sometimes steep climb up to the trails. After finally reaching an acceptable elevation I started the decent through the golden forest and along the way was blessed with some of the best conditions that you can get during the winter months. The dirt was golden and moist but not muddy, the rocks were dry and grippy, unfortunately my mouth was dry due to the cold air rushing through the huge smile on my face. Then bam, trails over and the legs are tired it must be time to go home so I start making my way back.

As I'm heading home I found the beer can it was laying there neglected, forgotten and glistening in the cold sunlight. Due to the dents in the can I suspected it was involved in an accident and had slowly bled out overnight unable to gather the strength the call out for help. I reached down to help the fallen solder to the recycling bin so that he would be able to help someone in the after life but was surprised when I discovered that it was only taking a rest in the rare December sunlight. I shouted with joy and promptly shoved the can into my pack so that I could get him to the cold dark refrigerator where he would be able to make a full recovery.

I made it back home about an hour later overcome with joy about the perfect conditions and helping a fallen beer can find new life. As I arrived home I unpacked my bag and there the beer can was, cold to the touch, dented and scratched but now cold and full of life. I hopped into the shower and cracked the beer and reflected on the wonderful winter ride.

The contents of that can are now gone but will not be forgotten. If this sounds like your missing beer can I apologize for enjoying it but in hopes of reuniting the can with its owner I have saved it from the recycling bin and your welcome to come pick it up and return it yourself.

If this is your can please PM me with a detailed description of the exterior.

Dec. 5, 2011, 4:05 p.m.

Well, it was your usual 355ml can with a couple dents and scratches in the Pilsner paint job.

But you can keep it bros, I've got plenty in my fridge.

Wrong. Always.

Dec. 5, 2011, 5:48 p.m.

I have a feeling you might of actually cheered out loud when you realized it was still full, I prob would of done the same

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

Dec. 5, 2011, 7:54 p.m.

sometimes i'll stash some of those close to the end of a ride , just so i can pretend to find them and relive the joy you just described .

not quite the same , but i don't tell my taste buds , they don't know the difference :lol:

Dec. 5, 2011, 8:05 p.m.

Well I didn't find any cans, but yes conditions today were unusually unbelievably awesome:dizzy: heads to fridge

Dec. 6, 2011, 2:48 p.m.

kinda like last year when Duke and I flipped the canoe in the Squamish River and lost everything including the paddles, beers, and cooler….

after rescuing ourselves and the canoe and paddling downriver with our hands we caught up to our paddles eventually and then low and behold……SOMETHING SHINY!!!!!!!

Floating beers!!! It was like playing Mario in the river…..we managed to recover 6.5 of 8, and finally the cooler floating near the Watershed!

Random story, but it was amazing!

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

Dec. 6, 2011, 3:09 p.m.

This would be way more fun than those charity duck races.

Let the beer get a 10 min headstart- then release the chase pack.

Dec. 6, 2011, 3:13 p.m.

kinda like last year when Duke and I flipped the canoe in the Squamish River and lost everything including the paddles, beers, and cooler….

after rescuing ourselves and the canoe and paddling downriver with our hands we caught up to our paddles eventually and then low and behold……SOMETHING SHINY!!!!!!!

Floating beers!!! It was like playing Mario in the river…..we managed to recover 6.5 of 8, and finally the cooler floating near the Watershed!

Random story, but it was amazing!

But lest we forget the 1.5 that wasn't so lucky. Lest we forget!

Wrong. Always.

Dec. 6, 2011, 4:10 p.m.

Nice story, the conditions are pretty good right now!

We stashed some beer in a creek at the bottom of Tenquille one year. Lost a couple.

Then found them again next year when we rode there!

That was awesome.

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Dec. 6, 2011, 4:16 p.m.

I was hiking up tall cans about a year after we stopped building there and dug 2 tall boys out of the creek.

I was happy

Dec. 6, 2011, 4:20 p.m.

Out trail building a few years ago, on my way back to my truck when I came across a trickle of Lucky can's. I put the empties in my pack to return for more nails. Farther along, I went to kick one when I noticed it was yet to be cracked!

From the signs of 4x4 tracks and rutted roads, I believe they may have fallen through the rust holes of a "rock crawler".

That's trail karma at work!

Play : Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

Dec. 6, 2011, 6:12 p.m.

i saw that beer. my wife wouldn't let me drink it. glad it went to a good home.

Dec. 6, 2011, 6:59 p.m.

Note to self must hide my beer better :grinno:

Life is like riding a bicycle – in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.

A. Einstein

Dec. 6, 2011, 7:37 p.m.

i know this guy named nick and i heard that he likes sticking weird things in his orafices

Dec. 6, 2011, 8:43 p.m.

If it was a lucky and it had 7 friends and you found it on the floor of a french guys jeep in mushroom lot then it was mine.