Forum Moderation.

Nov. 5, 2016, 1:24 p.m.

Does it just not exist on NSMB anymore?

I remember when Brian Park was douching up the board and some mod made it so that they could post, but no one would see it. I miss those good old days.

A couple of Hazen Colbert's alter egos need a time out in the corner until he can learn to play with the other kids.

Nov. 5, 2016, 1:44 p.m.

There is a cesspool forming here that needs cleaning up

Nov. 5, 2016, 2 p.m.

There is a cesspool forming here that needs cleaning up

It is all leading to November 23, 2016.

Mark you calendars for the NSMBA AGM at the Lynn Valley Community Center. No quater will be given, and none taken. And best bring in a special guest referee :-).

Its goona be a barn burner.

Smedley Pennyworth Esq

Nov. 5, 2016, 2:01 p.m.

There have been situatiosn like this in the past (as far as I can remember), but what I find really disturbing this time are the open threats and the name calling going along with it, on a level that needs definite action.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Nov. 5, 2016, 2:11 p.m.

Mark you calendars for the NSMBA AGM at the Lynn Valley Community Center. No quater will be given, and none taken. And best bring in a special guest referee :-).

Its goona be a barn burner.

Smedley Pennyworth Esq

I was referring to u

Nov. 5, 2016, 2:19 p.m.

No quarter will be given, and none taken. .

Smedley Pennyworth Esq

Thank you for the reminder - I need to check out that climbing trail No Quarter.

Grab yer'bikes and have at 'er!

Nov. 5, 2016, 3:07 p.m.

Since I've been lurking and a member I've seen little to no moderation. Only the craziest of threads have been edited and deleted.

I agree though. Things have gotten out of hand and need to be dealt with on the CMHC thread.

Ride, don't slide.

Nov. 5, 2016, 4:04 p.m.

Oh, I think it's entirely appropriate to give some people exactly enough rope to hang themselves.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Nov. 5, 2016, 4:49 p.m.

I remember when Brian Park was douching up the board and some mod made it so that they could post, but no one would see it. I miss those good old days.

haha that was me, although looking back, it was a dumb move for me to pull that. Sorry!

Nov. 5, 2016, 5:22 p.m.

Oh, I think it's entirely appropriate to give some people exactly enough rope to hang themselves.

I'd agree with that although I do feel something of what GTDad is saying. Normally this place is an oasis of sanity in the sea of Internet commenting. The stuff on YouTube etc makes you dispare for humanity

Nov. 5, 2016, 5:25 p.m.

I'm sure all the posts on here will come in handy the next time Hazen Colbert tries to run for public office. Doubt he'd even get 3.84% next time around.

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

Nov. 5, 2016, 5:45 p.m.

I'm sure all the posts on here will come in handy the next time Hazen Colbert tries to run for public office. Doubt he'd even get 3.84% next time around.

He will. Voters know the mayoral candidates but not all the councillors. They end up throwing a dart at the councillor to vote for, which results in every candidate getting a certain percentage of random votes. Very few of those 3.84% are votes cast on purpose.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Nov. 5, 2016, 6:26 p.m.

Imo let the posts stay. Let people incriminate themselves. Let them state lies or say stupid things.

For example I was disappointed when stalker dubprof falsely accused Sharon of cutting trees on Dreamweaver and the thread got deleted. Imo that thread should have stayed

Nov. 5, 2016, 6:32 p.m.

Better for all of us to try not to be baited than to push for moderation in except all but the most extreme circumstances. It's tough not to rise to some of the crazy shiz being posted lately though!

Nov. 5, 2016, 7:21 p.m.

I'm all for moderation to keep things civil/friendly.

Mountain biking. Serious business.