Flow Trails - Sunshine Coast

Oct. 1, 2019, 8:39 a.m.

I'm surprising my wife with a weekend away near Sechelt this weekend. I'm thinking of bringing our bikes, so I'm curious as to what zones folks recommend. We aren't going to be able to hit up Coast Gravity, but am looking for some 1-2 hr loops on mostly flowy intermediate trails. Expresso/John Deer-esque.

Any insights?

Oct. 1, 2019, 9:08 a.m.

Plenty of trails in the Robert's Creek area fit that description.  Pinkbike did a complete guide to riding on the Sunshine Coast in May of this year.  Check that out.

Oct. 1, 2019, 10:56 a.m.

Wife and I did a few days there at the start of Sept.  There is alot of FSR to ride to get to most trails on the SSC.  We did a modified version of the Sunshine Coaster XC course (check it out on Trailforks https://www.trailforks.com/route/2019-coaster50-xco-short-course/) and a loop around the trails in the Wilson Creek area.  El Dorado and Rio Grande are great trails there (Wilson Creek), but we found it difficult to make a great loop out of them.  It starts with a bunch of FSR and ended with a crappy overgrown trail called Sunday Morning (don't do that one if possible).  Apparently there are some other newer trails that have been cut around that area, but they havent made it onto Trailforks yet.  Lots of loops in Roberts Creek as well, just take a look at some of the ride logs on Trailforks

Oct. 1, 2019, 1:33 p.m.

If you can figure out vehicle(s), a point to point from Roberts Creek to langdale on 103/102 is a good time

Ask Off The Edge in Sechelt for recommendations there's always new trails or updates happening on the Coast

Last edited by: Kevin26 on Oct. 1, 2019, 1:36 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Oct. 1, 2019, 2:13 p.m.

Elphi Cycles in Roberts Creek can prolly help you out.