Floppy Bunny Party

Sept. 10, 2010, 1:59 p.m.

The trail seemed fine last night. I thought that the first little jump after the drop off the road might have changed. Did the wood get used for firewood? I hadn't been down it in some time.
If you ask me, there's a much nicer camping/party zone right next to a super awesome frog pond lower down. I'll have to alert the high schools.

Sept. 10, 2010, 2:03 p.m.

I wonder how MC is going to blame this on mountain biking.

…" obviously none of this would have happened if THOSE mountain" stunt riders" had been banned from building such trails in such an ecologically senstive frog habitat."

close? ;-)

Is it counter productive to ride on my exercise bike with a cocktail in hand?

Sept. 10, 2010, 5:57 p.m.

…" obviously none of this would have happened if THOSE mountain" stunt riders" had been banned from building such trails in such an ecologically senstive frog habitat."

close? ;-)

The late Ernie Crist = theweev?

Thread killer

Sept. 10, 2010, 6:09 p.m.

Saw the burn marks near the top of the trail and the debris piled up on the road. Guess the moved the party from the BP.

We need more night patrols on Fromme to stop this tom foolery!

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Sept. 10, 2010, 6:10 p.m.

too bad night riding was banned, or we could have stopped this with some mtb patrols!

Sept. 10, 2010, 8:37 p.m.

just after i made a post the other day about how north van doesn't have these problems like out in the valley and the okanagan…..

Sept. 10, 2010, 8:41 p.m.

too bad night riding was banned, or we could have stopped this with some mtb patrols!

I had no idea night riding on Fromme was banned. I had been planning on giving it a go this winter for the first time. Is night riding banned anywhere else?

| My Bike | :scotland: XCer attempting to adjust to :canada:'s Mother Hucka trails…

Sept. 10, 2010, 8:55 p.m.

I had no idea night riding on Fromme was banned. I had been planning on giving it a go this winter for the first time. Is night riding banned anywhere else?

:lol:

It's not. Heckler's referring to an old stupid, useless sign that had no weight in reality.

Sept. 11, 2010, 10:26 p.m.

:rocker::rocker:

Although I do tend to agree with you, I am 98% certain that if I was a grad I would have been there. I don't remember passing up many bush parties.

Studio B Fine Art and Photographic Prints

Sept. 11, 2010, 10:52 p.m.

i didn't know either..and second that question…?

Sept. 11, 2010, 11:05 p.m.

It's not banned as Couch_Surfer posted above

Been thinking of trying it out this fall/winter too

nobody is this dumb.

Sept. 12, 2010, 12:48 a.m.

ROWDY. Last years caused no damage, and this years would have neither if not for the aggrevation caused by police with excess force. what this article leaves out is that one 17 year old had his nose broken with a baton and another youth was tasered. TASERED, REALLY. That police officer surely must have been lacking good judgement.

Sounds like those youngins had a good time.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Sept. 12, 2010, 9:13 p.m.

There are certain people who live in the area who feel that riding at night is an inappropriate activity.

That it affects the wildlife - ie frogs, bears etc when riders blast by them at night.

There are councilors who also agree that night riding should be banned.

none of the other land managers seem to agree.

FYI, there is an election coming up and this may be an issue.

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Sept. 17, 2010, 10:33 p.m.

where were you all a few years ago?

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

Sept. 18, 2010, 4:24 a.m.

That article sounds like any party you'd go to in lake cowichan, minus the sexual assault.

Oh fuck who am I kidding, even with the assault, can't give them that much credit.