First NSMBA Trail Day of 2011 - This Sunday, April 17th on Upper Griffen

April 19, 2011, 10 a.m.

Digger must have been there with his wheelbarrows.

No wheelbarrows, just a lot of buckets.

April 19, 2011, 1:49 p.m.

No wheelbarrows, just a lot of buckets.

Buckets! What are you, some kind of you Intergalactic Domination Invitational Eliminator beast? :dizzy:

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

April 19, 2011, 11:04 p.m.

Looks like fun. Wish I could have made it out. Working Sundays is just not as much fun

:england:

April 22, 2011, 10:14 a.m.

The work you all did is awesome. THANK YOU to everyone who showed up to help out. The work looks great, rides even better!

DB@EB

Lessons, Rentals & Tours - since 2004

www.endlessbiking.com

Facebook Fan Page

Follow us on Twitter

April 22, 2011, 1:15 p.m.

It was just the mysterious trail elves….

April 25, 2011, 11:30 a.m.

Nice work guys,

Even monica noticed!

http://www.fonvca.org/letters/2011/18apr-to/Monica_Craver_19apr2011b.pdf

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

April 25, 2011, 4:07 p.m.

Not sure who Monica is but did read her comment and having looked at the trees in this particular area I have to say that I don't understand what exactly she is complaining about or what her issues are.
She seems to be miss informed about the forest biodiversity in this area as there isn't any. The stand of trees is strictly a monoculture of Hemlock, not much biodiversity there. I saw no cedars (or any other tree species) and the forest appears to have grown back naturally from when it was first logged. A monoculture is not a true "forest" and as such cannot be a 'healthy' ecosystem. If she really is that concerned she can start planting trees of other species in the area and some native plants in her own yard. She sounds like just another city environmentalist who doesn't have a clue about her natural environment or what she is talking about. I wonder if she even knows where her water comes from or where it goes when she flushes her toilet. And the holes we dug for the dirt have no effect on the health of the trees or their roots.
I think she would be better off worrying about her own yard, growing her own food and supporting people who like to be healthy by biking in a non urban environment who then are happy = good citizens = good society.

ENOUGH Of your reason and logic! How DARE you!

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

April 25, 2011, 4:32 p.m.

Not sure who Monica is

You must be new around here.

April 25, 2011, 4:42 p.m.

Nice work guys,

Even monica noticed!

http://www.fonvca.org/letters/2011/18apr-to/Monica_Craver_19apr2011b.pdf

This part was my favourite:

Originally posted by that nutjob Monica
As usual, we get the goods from the NSMB.com, the wonderful MTBer bragfest of eco-vandalism:

April 25, 2011, 4:53 p.m.

Wow, Monica sounds like loads of fun. Misplaced anger issues, completely erroneous information, and full out attacks on the wrong people.

April 25, 2011, 5:11 p.m.

Best part is she said a year or so ago she was retiring from her crusade. She doesn't seem to know when to give up. Anyway, she's had enough attention for this week, I say we let her stew in her own misery and ignore her.

Master of Puppets

April 25, 2011, 8:58 p.m.

Sketchy Flanders. You have reached a new level of fame on NSMB. You have been quoted by Monica in a letter to the DNV. I have a new goal in life.

April 25, 2011, 11:03 p.m.

Not sure who Monica is

I think she posts here occasionally with this alias….

…. or she's a miserable old troll that stopped being relevant 7 years ago and continues to hate anyone that spends time in her perceived personal backyard of Fromme mountain, and pretends to fight for the environment while not actually being able to back up her irrational position with any actual facts.

… but I can never remember which one she is.

April 26, 2011, 7:59 a.m.

Sketchy Flanders. You have reached a new level of fame on NSMB. You have been quoted by Monica in a letter to the DNV. I have a new goal in life.

I'll have to send her a thank-you card.

Team Crafty

April 28, 2011, 11:32 a.m.

The trail day writeup has been completed for your reading and viewing pleasure. Please check the NSMBA website.

Huge thanks go out to all the trail day leaders, volunteers, and our sponsors On Top Bike Shop, Green Coast Rubbish, Contact Printing, and Bean Around the World - Lonsdale Quay.

web: nsmba.ca
email: [email protected]

Trails for all, trails forever.